No announcement yet.

rage xtreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've shot over 10 animals with the Extremes only issue I have with them is that the ferrule tends to bend after impact rendering the broadhead useless. That being said every animal that I have shot with them has died. I shoot hypos now as they have proven to be more durable for me.

Comment

Well I shot a coon with an extreme last weekend and it looked like I shot it with a rifle. The guts were hanging outside of the animal.

Comment

I love the hypos! They fixed everything I didnt like about the originals. GREAT broadhead!

Comment

Quick update 60% of the way through my season.

Three Hypodermics have now shot 7 animals. None of the tips are bent the blades are a bit duller (not razor sharp to start) and of course have a little bit of dinging in them depending on what and where they hit.

4 pass throughs
          3 incomplete pass throughs but all three were front side open into back side leg shots that would stop most broadheads.

All Seven animals were recovered within 60 yards most within 40 yards

2 excellent blood trails
          3 average blood trails (constant blood that could be followed without effort)
          1 below average blood trail (gaps in blood trail)
          1 no blood trail

As with any head it all depended on where i put the arrow. I tend to shoot low so I get pretty good blood trails, when the shot went upper half the blood trail was poor, without good penetration and the animal held the arrow the blood trail was poor with the exception of my 178 who held the arrow but was pouring blood out the wound.

Hypodermics will continue to be my go to head until they make a hypodermic extreme. Shock collars have worked flawlessly without regard to set up.

arrows on picture left side of pic is entry right side is exit, honestly best shot i've ever made on a deer. All shots were made within inches of kill zone so candidly most heads would have worked.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by txdukklr; 11-22-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Good review Shawn.

Comment

Working...
            X