Crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow

Looks like I may have torn my rotator cuff. Might be in the market for one soon. What are some of the better brands. Seems Tenpoint is pretty popular.

Thanks

Brandon

Just like a compound, you just have to find what fits you. i have a parker tornado. i have shot 2" groups at 60 yards. if i ever get a shot at a pig at 60 ill try it.

Comment

I was in the same boat. Started having shoulder issues about 3 years ago. I bought a PSE Tac 15. Its the only crossbow I have ever shot so I can't really compare it to others, but the pros are: its fast(400 fps.), accurate, and you can de cock it. The cons are: its long and kind of loud. Like I said this is the only crossbow I have had, so I am not sure if its louder than other crossbows. I have shot 2" groups at 75 yards with it using field tips. I have killed a few deer with it, but its like shooting a rifle. If you can get it to your shoulder without the deer seeing you, its dead. Its almost too easy.

I was able to draw a compound this year, so I have retired the crossbow for now.
      Last edited by Rubi513; 11-18-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I bought a tenpoint last year for my son...I spent more than I wanted but I can tell you he will be able to shoot it forever.
        That thing is a beast, well over 300fps

you cant go wrong with a Tenpoint for sure

Comment

Which ten point did you purchase?

Comment

I have had a couple (Horton and ten point) and the ten point is in a totally different league. They just can't be beat in terms of quality, industry leading performance, customer service and resale value. Their speeds are true as well as they are based off a typical 420 grain finished arrow.

Comment

Excalibur,Re-Curve.

Comment

Look at the Wicked Ridges made by Ten Point.
                Great bow for the money. And, you can get one ready to go for around $499.00 at Academy, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.
                I have the Invader and really like it. You can also pickup a silencing kit for it. Although... mine was pretty dang quiet right out of the box. And, very accurate.

Comment

Excalibur--love mine. Drills 'em.

Comment

Definitely excalibur!!! Tenpoint for compound.

Comment

I have the Excalibur Matrix 380 and it is one bad dude. Depending on which BH I'm shooting, 100 or 125, about 345 to 352 fps. And accurate! Several pigs, squirrels and coons have fell so far this season.

And I don't need a press to change anything. Takes me about 2 minutes to change a string.

As for noise, I thought it was loud but was able to stalk about 20 pigs, shoot and recock, stalk another one and recock again. All pigs were 15 to 30 yards and never knew I was there.

Comment

The Carbon Express brands are nice and shoot very tight groups from 50 yards only draw back with xbows they are loud but quick . I would like to know more about the silencer kits read where they do not stay on bow because of so much vibration

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                          The Carbon Express brands are nice and shoot very tight groups from 50 yards only draw back with xbows they are loud but quick . I would like to know more about the silencer kits read where they do not stay on bow because of so much vibration
                          I haven't had that problem with my bowjax silencing kit.
                          I own two xbows. A Wicked Ridge and a Carbon Express.
                          The C E is nice and shoots good groups out to 40. That's as for
                          as I have tried. But, the Wicked ridge is a lot lighter, quieter, has a
                          built in cocking rope, and a anti-dryfire mechanism that gives it a higher
                          rating in my book.

Comment

Parker, I bought a Parker Bushwacker, first crossbow I have owned and love it! Very accurate and very fast! Can't beat the lifetime warranty of the Parkers either! I got 2 of their compound bows and getting another one tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                            X