San Luis Pass closing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Luis Pass closing???

Heard they are closing due to recent deaths - no sure of details at this point.

No just posting signs on the follets island side just like is already done on the Galveston side. They can write you a ticket for getting in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's an idiot tax on the Brazoria side of San Luis pass.
      I'm sure Galveston will follow, tired of everyone getting punished because a few people throw caution to the wind and get what's coming.

Comment

Yeah it's totally ridiculous you can't legislate people's common sense. Everybody will tell you that area is dangerous but some self righteous commissioner court thought they could make a great name for themselves by doing this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a done deal...

Comment

Yes it is being closed to wade fishing and swimming. I'm curious to see how far out the peremitter will be set..

As a near death survivor of the SLP rip current I'm still not in total agreement with this decision. I got to comfortable and did something stupid... It happens.. Luckily I survived..
            A mandatory PFD law would have worked.... They went from zero to 100 on this issue. Like it is something new.. Been happening for years..

Comment

Comment

That is crazy! Outlaw driving cause people die in wrecks daily...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Yes it is being closed to wade fishing and swimming. I'm curious to see how far out the peremitter will be set..

As a near death survivor of the SLP rip current I'm still not in total agreement with this decision. I got to comfortable and did something stupid... It happens.. Luckily I survived..
                  A mandatory PFD law would have worked.... They went from zero to 100 on this issue. Like it is something new.. Been happening for years..
                  I fished there for years and one day I had a near miss, I was in waste deep water, not moving, the all of a sudden I was swimming. From that day on I always had a pfd on when I was fishing the pass. The channels there change too much not to.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                    That is crazy! Outlaw driving cause people die in wrecks daily...
                    Out law cell phones in moving vehicles and thousands would be saved..

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                      I fished there for years and one day I had a near miss, I was in waste deep water, not moving, the all of a sudden I was swimming. From that day on I always had a pfd on when I was fishing the pass. The channels there change too much not to.

Im hearing that the Galveston side will not be closed as of now.

Comment

It's a matter of time. Like I said before, it's all about some self righteous commissioner trying to make a name for himself

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Out law cell phones in moving vehicles and thousands would be saved..
                          No they wont

Comment

We have become a society of it's the governments job to protect you from yourself. Sad all the way around. Sorry people die but lots more enjoy the fishing there.

Comment

Working...
                            X