No announcement yet.

Lets talk rattlesnakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what the beginning of a bad day looks like. It got worse before it was over with.
    Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone started seeing any yet? It's starting to get warmer during the day so they ought to start coming out here pretty soon.

Comment

I think they got around 15 the weekend of the Shoot Out. South of Uvalde.

Comment

Oh wow that's awesome. I gotta get to the dens and start catching them pretty soon. There's some guys in Texas that want me to come get snakes so I'll probably do that first. I have quite a few spots to hit before it warms up enough that they start leaving the dens. It's colder up here though so they'll stick around for a little longer than the snakes down South.

Comment

Lets talk rattlesnakes.

I hate them.
            Every time I get my yellow lab's rattlesnake shot at the vet, I ask since I weigh 3x as much can they hit me with 3 dog doses. They say "No, Bill".

I don't know how much it would really help if she were bitten but it's expensive insurance if she is.
            Last edited by Bill; 02-26-2016, 08:09 AM. Reason: speling wirse

Comment

Last Weekend in Mills County

Click image for larger version

Name:	rattlesnakeFeb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	24432641

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Last Weekend in Mills County

[ATTACH]777220[/ATTACH]
                Thanks, I will be on the lookout this weekend.

Comment

I have a place in Rocksprings and anyone is gladly welcomed to come catch them all...I do not like snakes!!! Except Indigos...because they hate rattlesnakes as much as I do...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    I hate them.
                    Every time I get my yellow lab's rattlesnake shot at the vet, I ask since I weigh 3x as much can they hit me with 3 dog doses. They say "No, Bill".

I don't know how much it would really help if she were bitten but it's expensive insurance if she is.
                    You know I've wondered the same thing. If you can inject a dog with that stuff why couldn't it work on a person? Different immune systems probably has alot to do with it. But with all medical advances they've made up till now you'd think they'd be able to.

Comment

I spent 2 spring/ Summers busting brush on our lease but not one snake, my buddy pulls into our driveway and runs over a 5' beast ughhhhh. I give

Comment

Originally posted by jkranchrstexas View Post
                        I have a place in Rocksprings and anyone is gladly welcomed to come catch them all...I do not like snakes!!! Except Indigos...because they hate rattlesnakes as much as I do...
                        Same here, but we just got our place Northeast of Rocksprings and hopefully they are few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                          Thanks, I will be on the lookout this weekend.
                          Yeah I really wasn't expecting to see one. I was clearing some mesquite and **** near stepped on him. He was about a foot away. Never moved or rattled.

Comment

I would come to Rocksprings and catch snakes for you guys if my funds allowed it. South Texas is where the big snakes are. I know guys that travel to South Texas every year and they catch some huge ones. I'm talking record sized rattlesnakes. 80"+

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              Has anyone started seeing any yet? It's starting to get warmer during the day so they ought to start coming out here pretty soon.
                              Just that den from a few weeks ago...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                                Just that den from a few weeks ago...
                                Dammit dude....that thread a few weeks ago gave me the heeby jeebies.

Comment

Working...
                                X