Knives from different steels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knives from different steels

I've been making a lot of knives lately but haven't been posting them on this forum because I was afraid somebody would ask to buy them, and I wouldn't want to say 'no.' I was hoarding them because I was going to be a vendor at an archery tournament this past weekend and was afraid I wouldn't have enough to show. Now that's over, so I thought I'd have show-n-tell.

Here are some of the knives I made, some of which have found other homes.

These are all made of Damascus. I didn't want any of my Damascus to go to waste, so I kept making smaller and smaller knives until I ran out.

From left to right, the scales are made of cocobolo, cocobolo, curly maple, and elk antler with buffalo horn bolsters.

In this next picture, the two bigger knives on the left are made of 1080, and the two smaller knives on the right were made from a big circular saw blade that paintman gave me. They might be L6.

From left to right, the scales are spalted pecan, padauk, redwood, and walnut. Here are the sheaths.

Lastly, I made these two knives out of farriers rasps, which are probably 1095. I met a farrier on craigslist who sold me 33 rasps for $50, so I should be good on rasps for a while. :-)

Beautiful work Sam!

Comment

Man, those look awesome!

Comment

Great work, Sam! Cool looking knives and really nice leather work as well. Enjoyed meeting you and shooting a round this weekend.

Comment

Sam.....is there anything you CAN'T do?

Comment

So, now that the show is over, how much do you want for that black and white handled damascus?

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Great work, Sam! Cool looking knives and really nice leather work as well. Enjoyed meeting you and shooting a round this weekend.
              Let's do that again at Chester! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Sam.....is there anything you CAN'T do?
                I can't get a girlfriend! I always thought if I made cool knives and bows that chicks would dig me, but it hasn't worked out that way. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  So, now that the show is over, how much do you want for that black and white handled damascus?
                  I don't know if that's a joke or not, but I'm going to send you a pm anyway. :-)

Comment

Beautiful knives and first class leather work for sure.

Comment

Nice looking knives.

Comment

amazing workmanship

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                          Let's do that again at Chester! :-)
                          Maybe so!

Comment

Man those are some awesone knives very beautiful and talented

Comment

You've come a long way in a short time Sam.. Good job Brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X