No announcement yet.

340 or 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^ how well do those fly. Gunna get some deep impacts and thinking of putting a 125 xL up front

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
      ^^^^ how well do those fly. Gunna get some deep impacts and thinking of putting a 125 xL up front

Like any other broadhead if you know how to tune a fixed blade.

Comment

In a pure 2 blade 1-1/2 is as small as I'll go. On average I've noticed at the size n up the blood trails start to get better on apples to apples comparison on hits.

Comment

Yea gunna have muddy build me some high foc impacts and am brainstorming on what heads to shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            Bingo

That's the ticket. Carnivores with the 42 grain brass insert. Shoot a 125 head. You'll be near 450 grains (depending on fletch, wrap and nock) and a higher FOC.

Edit: 460 grains. 28.5 cut shaft. To the nock throat makes it 29" add a lighted nock, 3 blazers, blazer wrap, brass insert and a 125 head and ur at 459.somethin. So 460

These lil things???

Yes sir!
            Too much for pigs?

Comment

Huh?

Comment

To expensive/fancy :-) of a broadhead to fling at pigs?

Or would a Hades, Slick Trick or Grim Reaper be more suited to the job?

I just think they are a very beautiful broadhead!

Comment

k i s s

Love you Kyle!

Sammy imma kick you in the wavos

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                    k i s s

Love you Kyle!

Sammy imma kick you in the wavos

What did i do ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      To expensive/fancy :-) of a broadhead to fling at pigs?

Or would a Hades, Slick Trick or Grim Reaper be more suited to the job?

I just think they are a very beautiful broadhead!

I do not subscribe to that bs about shooting a cheap junky head at hogs like some people. I think that's retarted. The ones you mentioned do not fall into that category. I shoot the Broadheads I want and know are killers. Then just whatever critter I happen to be hunting is getting shot with it ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        I do not subscribe to that bs about shooting a cheap junky head at hogs like some people. I think that's retarted. The ones you mentioned do not fall into that category. I shoot the Broadheads I want and know are killers. Then just whatever critter I happen to be hunting is getting shot with it ...
                        What do you think is a junky head. I shoot zwickys. There can't be a head cheaper then that. And I have kild a lot of animals with them. This year I'm trying the delta, head with 1 3/8 wide cut. I just wish they had a 1 1/2 wide one.

I agree with your statement including the retard part (and I know I'm retarded I work for a living so others don't have to)but some of us cannot afford a 30 plus dollar broadhead to shoot at pigs.
                        Last edited by enewman; 09-02-2014, 06:12 AM.

Comment

340 or 300

I'm a new archer. Been in it about 1.5 years now.
                          A good friend of mine, sambo73, found for me. The price was right, I had cash I bought it. I took it to On Target Archery and they set my draw length. While I was there I told them I needed some arrows. They asked me a couple questions a set me up with some arrows.
                          My buddies were going to try out some broadheads, grim Reaper Hog Hess, so we combined our order and got a discount.

I'm in the market for another set up. This time I'm actively looking for my ideal rig.

Sambo73's been telling me about his arrow building adventures. It's got me thinking about it now and wanting to do it myself as well.

There are lots of variables that I was unaware of.

The most recent is if I decide to shoot the SF XL briadhead.
                          I'll most likely need a longer arrow. Probably close to 32".
                          If I go to a 32" will I need a 250 spine arrow?

If I do just for that specific head do I need to use that same arrow for all my arrows to keep my POI?

As far as KISS.
                          I am. Build it and then Choot it ;-)

My concern with using the SF XL head for pigs is when I miss and bounce it off a tree branch, rock or skip it across he ground. Will it still be serviceable? The heads I am currently using have replaceable blades....
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-02-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I would be more concerned with losing them. And at roughly $27 each that seems like a lot to throw at anything but a once in a lifetime animal. JMO

With a full length arrow you would probably need a 250 spine. If you set it up like that it will kill anything you shoot with it!!!

Comment

340 or 300

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              What do you think is a junky head. I shoot zwickys. There can't be a head cheaper then that. And I have kild a lot of animals with them. This year I'm trying the delta, head with 1 3/8 wide cut. I just wish they had a 1 1/2 wide one.

I agree with your statement including the retard part (and I know I'm retarded I work for a living so others don't have to)but some of us cannot afford a 30 plus dollar broadhead to shoot at pigs.

That is not a junky head. By junk I'm not meaning price. Zwickey is my all time favorite head. So much so Jack Zwickeys number is in my contacts on my phone.

Oh, you pop one with that delta with that convex edge the entrance will be close to 1-1/2!!!

You know there is alotta junk cheap heads out there that will go to crap on a rib hit.
                              Last edited by JW; 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Zwickey head?
                                Don't know that I've heard of it,them or him....

Comment

Working...
                                X