Trying to decide-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to decide-

Hey really want to go to our lease in Brady but all this freaking rain has me concerned. We have had 7 inches of rain at the camp and more forecasted for the weekend.
    Arggg

I'd wait it out. Plenty of hunting time left.

Comment

I am going to Menard... rain or shine.....

Comment

I am on the fence about heading up to Menard.

Comment

hey its hunting get outside!!! thats where the animals are

Comment

I hear ya'! Nothing worse than getting stuck and can't get help OR walk out back to camp. Too dam broke down to walk so I'll let my son & others fight the mud.

Comment

I've never let weather stop me before. However, our place outside Brady the lease manager states the ranch is shut down. New one on me but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                Hey really want to go to our lease in Brady but all this freaking rain has me concerned. We have had 7 inches of rain at the camp and more forecasted for the weekend.
                Arggg
                I'm now a firm believer of hunting the rain. I've never done it before but I witnessed probably the biggest oldest buck I've ever seen in person walking a fence line at around 9:45 am in the rain. Sadly he didn't come close enough before heading off straight across the field. Had me shaking so hard I think I woke up every squirrel in a five mile radius.

Comment

Dont rut up the pasture

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    I've never let weather stop me before. However, our place outside Brady the lease manager states the ranch is shut down. New one on me but it is what it is.
                    Because there is 4 feet of flood water over the roads in and out...

I'd be there for 4 days this weekend if it weren't for that but there's no way in...

Comment

Exactly
                      We are directly south of Brady lake and little Bear creek runs thru our property. Can't get to most of our stands so I think I will rearrange the sock drawer this weekend. It really bums me out but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        Because there is 4 feet of flood water over the roads in and out...

I'd be there for 4 days this weekend if it weren't for that but there's no way in...
                        I sure thought there was a back road into camp that is not flooded. Maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't impact me. I had knee surgery so wasn't going anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                          Exactly
                          We are directly south of Brady lake and little Bear creek runs thru our property. Can't get to most of our stands so I think I will rearrange the sock drawer this weekend. It really bums me out but it is what it is.
                          I feel ya. I just worked 10 straight shifts in a row so I could have a 4 day weekend and now I can't go... [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                            I sure thought there was a back road into camp that is not flooded. Maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't impact me. I had knee surgery so wasn't going anyways.
                            It's backed up so far, the back road is flooded too...

Comment

From the title I though you where trying to decide something else

But I've been waiting myself to head to the ranch.

Comment

Working...
                              X