Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Carry In Texas

I SIGNED WILL YOU

I may be in the minority here but I'm not sure I want everyone who can leagally purchase a gun to be toting one.

I like the idea of going through a CCL class and proving your shooting ability, and learning when and when not to clear leather. I know alot of people who can legally buy a pistol but I wouldn't be comfortable around them handling a pistol.

Just my $.02

Comment

I'll have to see a little more info on this. I'm not so sure I want everyone around me carrying a fire arm. Just because you can legally purchase a firearm does not make you responsible enough to carry it out in public. I'm happy with the CC we have now. I would hate to be a law officer if this were to pass. JMHO

Comment

No!

Comment

I agree. I dont think everyone should be able to carry without some sort of training and testing.

Comment

No...

Comment

You still have to get a carry License just like in new mexico.

Comment

heck no. I am worried dove hunting with some of my friends. No way in hell I want them to be walking around with a loaded .40 cal.

Comment

Originally posted by OLIVER65 View Post
                  You still have to get a carry License just like in new mexico.
                  That is not what this petition says. If it did I would sign. It has always bothered me that you can be licensed but you must hide your handgun to stay in compliance.

Comment

Have you guys seen some of the people who pass the Concealed Carry course? The main thing that prevents most people from getting a cc permit is not the inability to pass, but either a felony on their record, or behind on their property taxes or the cost of the permit. I saw more stupid people in my cc class that passed than you would believe.

Dave

Comment

I will not sign it.
                      CCW works just fine for my purposes.

Comment

I singed

Comment

I hate the fact that I have to hide my gun.

Comment

I don't have a particular problem with it. I do hope that they get someone to proof read and rewrite the petition before it gets sent in to the offices as it has several grammar and spelling errors. As for the opening statement all the lawyers have to do is to make it unlawful to carry openly just about anywhere so that way you can't take it in anywhere with you. At any rate there will certainly still need to be some basic "commandments" of rules to keep it somewhat safe. I did not vote either way..

Comment

I signed but there are some guys I hunt with that I feel scared around especially with a loaded handgun but if it goes through the proper channels why not

Comment

Working...
                              X