Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-18-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas
Default Santa Fe School shooting

Going to start this with Prayers sent.. but this has me ******.
I'm sick of these schools continuing the soft target policies to appease the uninformed and uneducated anti-gun movements.
They are getting people killed. Period.

It doesnt take much common sense to see that these gun-free zones are nothing more than a free invitation to these cowards to get their fame with little to no fear of resistance or instant reprocussion.

You want gun free and PROTECTION FREE zones... make them your houses... NOT WHERE OUR KIDS GO TO SCHOOL.
ENOUGH IS A ****IN' ENOUGH.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 10:31 AM   #2
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Going to start this with Prayers sent.. but this has me ******.
I'm sick of these schools continuing the soft target policies to appease the uninformed and uneducated anti-gun movements.
They are getting people killed. Period.

It doesnt take much common sense to see that these gun-free zones are nothing more than a free invitation to these cowards to get their fame with little to no fear of resistance or instant reprocussion.

You want gun free and PROTECTION FREE zones... make them your houses... NOT WHERE OUR KIDS GO TO SCHOOL.
ENOUGH IS A ****IN' ENOUGH.

I agree. And I will add that we need to stop raising kids that are wusses and cant handle disappointments or disagreements. My Generation, Generation X( fixing to be 44) Has raised a bunch of titty babies. These kids their whole life have been coddled and catered to, been told they are the best even when they suck, give them participation trophies for losing. What we are seeing is the end results. These kids don't know how to handle rejection and failure. They've forgotten how to communicate due to social Media. They don't handle their insecurities. Bottom-line my Generation, Generation X, has failed overall, when it comes to raising kids.

Last edited by BrandonA; 05-18-2018 at 10:43 AM.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

I agree that schools shouldn’t ban law abiding citizens from carrying, but given the low percentages of people with CHLs and students aren’t old enough to carry, they'll remain soft targets unless they specifically arm a certain number of teachers in each school.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I agree. And I will add that we need to stop raising kids that are wusses and cant handle disappointments or disagreements. My Generation, Generation X( fixing to be 44) Has raised a bunch of titty babies. These kids their whole life have been coddled and catered to, been told they are the best even when they suck, give them participation trophies for losing. What we are seeing is the end results. These kids don't know how to handle rejection and failure. They've forgotten how to communicate due to social Media. They don't handle their insecurities. Bottom-line my Generation, Generation X, has failed overall, when it comes to raising kids.
Can’t just blame it all on parenting. There are some people that cant be fixed.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #5
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post

Thats true but you can blame the majority of it on the parents.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #6
jer_james
Ten Point

We need people that do their jobs. People that STAY involved with their Children. We need people to stop ridiculing and tormenting others. We need more social / physical activity for our Children.

There is no one cure all fix ...
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #7
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
I agree that schools shouldn’t ban law abiding citizens from carrying, but given the low percentages of people with CHLs and students aren’t old enough to carry, they'll remain soft targets unless they specifically arm a certain number of teachers in each school.
They'll remain soft targets until such a time they stop advertising they are soft targets and have measures to meet aggression with aggression.

When the corner gas station has a higher level of security than our schools theres a problem.
Gun Free Zone signs DO NOT HELP.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #8
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
They'll remain soft targets until such a time they stop advertising they are soft targets and have measures to meet aggression with aggression.

When the corner gas station has a higher level of security than our schools theres a problem.
Gun Free Zone signs DO NOT HELP.
Sad but true. Prayers for Santa Fe.
2Lazy2P is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
CastAndBlast
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Liberty Co.

Quote:

Arming the teachers is not a reasonable solution. Armed security at every entrance and every hallway is.

Employ our vets, train them, pay them to protect our children.
CastAndBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #10
FVR JR
Four Point

Hunt In: San Saba County, Colorado County

It's not just one thing. Society as a whole has gotten us this over decades of entitlement and "if it feels good do it." We no longer punish criminals, we no longer promote responsibility in anything, we accept ignorance and weirdness in exchange for not hurting feelings. Much of my generation and most of the current one has been coddled and told they're special. This just leads to another generation of adults who can't cope with anything and feel like they're owned the world. Until we as society get our collective heads from our rears, nothing will change.
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #11
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

I don't want to hear politicians say we as a state can't afford to protect schools.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #12
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

https://www.weaselzippers.us/385350-...pagourtzis-17/
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #13
cehorn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
BINGO!! I have been thinking this all morning. The only things I would add to your list is bully free zones and zero tolerance. Bullying (giving and taking) helps kids learn to live in society and as you said learn to handle rejection, adversity, etc. Zero tolerance has gotten rid of the playground fight where everything is settled and everyone is friends again by the time they go back to class. Now you get in a little fight and police, etc. get involved and things never get settled.

I don't think it is just the parents though. It is society and the liberal way to never hurt anyone's feelings which leads directly to incidents like this.

Last edited by cehorn; 05-18-2018 at 01:06 PM.
cehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #14
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehorn View Post
BINGO!! I have been thinking this all morning. The only things I would add to your list is bully free zones and zero tolerance. Bullying (giving and taking) helps kids learn to live in society and as you said learn to handle rejection, adversity, etc. I don't think it is just the parents though. It is society and the liberal way to never hurt anyone's feelings which leads directly to incidents like this.
Part of our responsibility as involved parents is to recognize our kids treating other kids poorly and handle it. Tormenting other kids, and then acting like the kid that can't take it is the problem is part of the problem.

You have to correct both sides.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #15
cehorn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Part of our responsibility as involved parents is to recognize our kids treating other kids poorly and handle it. Tormenting other kids, and then acting like the kid that can't take it is the problem is part of the problem.

You have to correct both sides.
I don't disagree. BUT, there are also things kids (well people in general) need to learn to figure out how to deal with without the help of their parents. Or at least try to resolve it on their own. These coping skills are going away with the zero tolerance/no bullying concepts.
cehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #16
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #17
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
We need people that do their jobs. People that STAY involved with their Children. We need people to stop ridiculing and tormenting others. We need more social / physical activity for our Children.

There is no one cure all fix ...
I agree with a lot of this. This is a social issue. Not one that laws and metal detectors can cure.

I think i've posted this on here before and i'll probably get flamed for it but oh well. I think a lot of the problem is we teach our kids that they have no outlet for their emotions. Bullies have been around forever and will continue to be around forever. If a kid is getting bullied, he should do everything he can to beat the crap out of that bully. Instead, we tell them violence is never the answer, there's nothing they can do about it and often times medicate them which results in kids not knowing how to deal with emotions. I believe that type of stuff builds up to the kid being mentally disturbed/unstable.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #18
ostey22
Ten Point

Hunt In: 4 counties in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer
Man oh man! Prayers for Clay
ostey22 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #19
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

And we just sit here, hoping and praying that it won't be our school the next time ( knowing there will be a next time )

In a few days this will all calm down....and back to our daily routines. Nothing will get done by the folks who could make the changes to protect our children.

And the....."BREAKING NEWS>>>>>SCHOOL SHOOTING"

Repeat.

I've had enough!

Last edited by Traildust; 05-18-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #20
Pkripper
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Colorado

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers to your son and family. Let us know if you need anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #21
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers up brother!
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:20 PM   #22
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer

Dang Jay!!! Prayers sent!! You need anything hollar.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #23
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Jesus man, prayers up for your son and your family.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:27 PM   #24
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Anything we can do - please let us know
Old 05-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #25
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
In 1979, when I was 14, my dad took me to a drive in theatre to see the original "Mad Max" movie.. He threw the speaker on the ground and drove out 10 minutes in to the movie. He said "son I will not let you watch that kind of garbage"..... That's how it's done.. I love that man...

The stuff that kids today are allowed to participate in, watch and are being taught, by parents and today's culture, makes that movie look like a Sesame Street cartoon.. Today's society, culture and teachings has created a MONSTER.... It's 100% on parents, schools and adult influences.... We tolerate too much.. Political correctness is straight from the pit of hell..

It's to late for the crying.. The ball has been set in motion.. No stopping it now.
It's going to get much worse. Get prepared..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #26
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
I agree with a lot of this. This is a social issue. Not one that laws and metal detectors can cure.

I think i've posted this on here before and i'll probably get flamed for it but oh well. I think a lot of the problem is we teach our kids that they have no outlet for their emotions. Bullies have been around forever and will continue to be around forever. If a kid is getting bullied, he should do everything he can to beat the crap out of that bully. Instead, we tell them violence is never the answer, there's nothing they can do about it and often times medicate them which results in kids not knowing how to deal with emotions. I believe that type of stuff builds up to the kid being mentally disturbed/unstable.
Absolutely - and because of dumb ***** lawsuits and such, good people sit by and watch what's going on. Or for younger people, peer pressure and embarrassment take hold and they do not step up to intervene on behalf of others.

There are far more good kids than bullies. A group of 20 kids gets between the bully and his victim instead of videoing the ordeal and the issue gets resolved and the kid isnt driven to such harsh reactions.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #27
systemnt
Pope & Young

Prayers Sent Jay.. how horrible.. can't even imagine.
Let us know if theres anything we can do.. in any way
Old 05-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #28
systemnt
Pope & Young

whoops
Old 05-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #29
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers Up and if y'all need anything let us know.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #30
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Dang brother, Prayers sent. If you need anything just let me know. I'm just down the road...
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #31
mev002
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers for you man, your son, and your family.
mev002 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #32
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Payers for your boy, you and your family!
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #33
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
See the Hammer and Sickle-rebellion
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 02:07 PM   #34
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

Quote:

Hoggslayer
All of y'all are in my prayers sir.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #35
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
See the Hammer and Sickle-rebellion
kamikaze tactics, but apprehended ...
Old 05-18-2018, 02:09 PM   #36
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers sent!
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #37
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers for your family. I can't imagine.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #38
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

Quote:

Hoggslayer

We are certainly praying for y’all
Please let us know if you need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #39
deano70
Ten Point

Hunt In: clothes

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Sorry to hear your son was injured by this. Praying he recovers well both physically and mentally. This shouldn’t happen to anyone let alone some kids at school. Praying your family is strengthened as a result of this tragedy too.
deano70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #40
BigWes
Eight Point

Hunt In: Grimes County

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Holy crap. Glad you're able to hug your son still. Can't imaging being in your shoes. Prayers up.
BigWes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #41
Phillip Fields
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NC,TX, and anywhere else I can

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Jay, you and your family are in my family's praters.
Phillip Fields is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 04:11 PM   #42
Dslatter12
Spike

Agreed
Dslatter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #43
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Oh good heavens.

Prayers for your entire family and the situation sir and God Bless.
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 04:47 PM   #44
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

The bully of today is not the bully we grew up around gents. They have weaponized social media so that they can go 24/7 365 and liberal laws keep the good kids from putting the bully in his place.

J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #45
Jamesl
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado, New Mexico

They should arrest the parents. Parents should be held accountable. What are they going to say? “We had no idea what jr was up to”. Well if that is the case, then they are guilty for **** poor parenting.
Jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #46
Pkripper
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesl View Post
They should arrest the parents. Parents should be held accountable. What are they going to say? “We had no idea what jr was up to”. Well if that is the case, then they are guilty for **** poor parenting.
100% agree, black full length trenchcoats are not normal in summer weather either. Sue or jail the parents and a lot of these killings will stop.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #47
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers up for Clay and for your family. Prayers up for all the afflicted i by this horrible incident.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #48
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
The bully of today is not the bully we grew up around gents. They have weaponized social media so that they can go 24/7 365 and liberal laws keep the good kids from putting the bully in his place.

Your right, liberals have pretty much ended the opportunity for someone to put the bully in his place. But not in the private school my k8ds go to.
Last year my 9 yo son put a pretty good gut shot on a bully and did not get into any trouble. Principle said, he probably deserved it"

Unfortunately, a good come to Jesus fisticuffs will get the good kids removed from public school these days
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #49
Hardcortex
Eight Point

Hunt In: Limestone Co.

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers for Clay, for you and your family. I can not imagine what ya'll are going through.
Hardcortex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 08:12 PM   #50
El Forajido
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas ✭

Quote:

Hoggslayer
We will be prayin for Clay and your family brother. ( all that this has effected ) If there is anything we can do for ya'll shoot me a pm.
El Forajido is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top