Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #101
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

I got drunk one time and went into Starbucks and asked to use their restroom.
The guy said "you can't pee here"
I said "I'm not gonna pee here. I'm gonna pee wayyyy over there"
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #102
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
The guys that were asked to leave?
Yes. The two guys have already done a positive agreement ($1 deal and a handshake)with the city of Philly that helps young entrepreneurs get moving in the right direction. It is rumored that Starbucks is also looking to participate in that type of locally based initiative. The two guys are not yelling "bloody murder"! So far are using this national & global attention to do good things.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #103
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Yes. The two guys have already done a positive agreement ($1 deal and a handshake)with the city of Philly that helps young entrepreneurs get moving in the right direction. It is rumored that Starbucks is also looking to participate in that type of locally based initiative. The two guys are not yelling "bloody murder"! So far are using this national & global attention to do good things.

I had heard they were taking none of the settlement and it was all going to charity. I think the whole things a big joke but my hats off to the two gents for making the selfless decision they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #104
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Sad isn't it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
So 2 young sheriff deputies are murdered while having lunch and no one bats an eye.

2 black guys are arrested/ removed from a Starbucks and everyone loses their **** ?
Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 08:30 PM   #105
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CA, CO, OR, and TX

Help me out.

The 2 men (Iím color blind) were loitering in the store, and somebody called the police.

The Philadelphia police arrested them. Maybe were rude while doing it.

Why is Starbucks doing racial sensitivity training?

Iím waiting for the Starbucks bathrooms to start looking like the San Jose public library with homeless doing towel baths in the sink, and washing clothes and drying it with the electric hand dryer.

Bill in San Jose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #106
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Here's how they suggest dealing with an unruly customer now. Time for another coffee chain to take the ranks! Mark my words I think they dug thereselves in a hole they won't be able to get out and resort to drive-thru only store models eventually.

A barista will approach a customer who was using uncomfortable language and say: “You are in our store every day, and we love that this is your third place, but from one human to another human, the language that you are using is making other customers uncomfortable. So either you have to change your behavior, and stay and be a part of our third place, or I’m going to have to ask you to leave, and you can come back at a later time, when you feel like you can be a part of our third place. And in fact if you want to go have a seat, I’ll bring you over a cup of water, just to make sure that it’s a great rest of your day.”
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2018, 02:54 PM   #107
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX

Only when I'm at the airport.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 02:42 PM   #108
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Default Do you drink Starbucks?

I ďworkedĒ the 2013 farewell-season at Candlestick Park. Hereís how I spoke to unruly fans.

Sir, your behavior is causing complaints from other fans, and violates the posted code of conduct.

No, Iím not going to insult your intelligence and tell you what youíre doing wrong. You know, and know what to change to fix it.

Iím only going to speak to you one time about this. If I have to return, it will be with either a security supervisor or San Francisco Police.

The security supervisors are off-duty police and I understand most carry a concealed handgun.

I saw 2 SFPD slam a drunk guyís head into a concrete wall so hard, he bled-out like deer and pigs I hunt and shoot.

Once theyíre here, Billy canít stop what happens next. Itís your afternoon, you need to decide how you want the rest of the day to go.

They sat down and behaved.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #109
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
Help me out.

The 2 men (Iím color blind) were loitering in the store, and somebody called the police.

The Philadelphia police arrested them. Maybe were rude while doing it.

Why is Starbucks doing racial sensitivity training?

Iím waiting for the Starbucks bathrooms to start looking like the San Jose public library with homeless doing towel baths in the sink, and washing clothes and drying it with the electric hand dryer.

They weren't loitering, as there third party was in route to discuss their business plan. That happens EVERYDAY all over the world in Starbucks locations. The manager of the location called the LEO...ÖÖ..as she was trained to do! The last sentence is why they are doing sensitivity training as that local location was out of step with the rest of the corporate stores. The training was a "OH CRAP" this could go bad if we don't act quickly. Probably had incidents previously at that locale so the Regional Director most likely had their own little rules...outside of the corporationsÖ...oops! Owning multiple restaurants for nearly 20 years I get it. I doubt StarBucks bathrooms will turn into what you described as they are privately owned business'...ÖÖ.not taxpayer funded facilities like libraries. It does freak me out in San Fran how the homeless randomly take a crap in business owners doorways, but that is a whole nother story! It appears StarBucks has saved face with the training tweaks and will continue to make BILLIONS and the investors are fully supportive!!! Kongrats to them, love em or hate em.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:19 PM   #110
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

It was the Phila police who overreacted and arrested them. My point is, the Phila Police are who should be giving sensitivity training/ re-education.

Letís see how the homeless camps in SF, SJ and elsewhere respond to a bathroom with plumbing and a soft couch that is not (yet) infested with scabies and lice.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:26 PM   #111
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
It was the Phila police who overreacted and arrested them. My point is, the Phila Police are who should be giving sensitivity training/ re-education.

Let’s see how the homeless camps in SF, SJ and elsewhere respond to a bathroom with plumbing and a soft couch that is not (yet) infested with scabies and lice.

Understood!!! Humm, could be why the city did the $1 deal so quickly...……..good point Bill.
At least they were not pulling out Billy Clubs and mace...……….lol!
Old 05-31-2018, 09:32 PM   #112
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I only.recall being in a Starbucks 1 time and that was because we were called there for a medical.
Didn't seem like a place for a fella with bib overalls to hang out so I have not been back.

But I do buy a cold.brew in a bottle.from time to time.
Their rules were the problem, not that little manager lady. And like a lot of typical younger folks these days those fellas decided it was more important to give the cops crap than to listen to their orders. Sure their orders may have been wrong, stupid but they were still orders coming from an officer of the law.
Leave when asked, file a complaint, get your explanation to their boss and move on
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 PM   #113
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Coffee is nasty. If you walk into a room where a fresh cup of coffee has been sitting for just a few minutes it smells like someone **** themselves.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 PM   #114
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I only.recall being in a Starbucks 1 time and that was because we were called there for a medical.
Didn't seem like a place for a fella with bib overalls to hang out so I have not been back.

But I do buy a cold.brew in a bottle.from time to time.
Their rules were the problem, not that little manager lady. And like a lot of typical younger folks these days those fellas decided it was more important to give the cops crap than to listen to their orders. Sure their orders may have been wrong, stupid but they were still orders coming from an officer of the law.
Leave when asked, file a complaint, get your explanation to their boss and move on

Duuuude....fí Starbucks!!!! Make your own cold brew...itís real easy and real good loaded with a bunch of hazelnut creamer. My wife makes it all the time and itís the only way I drink it with these blazing temps outside!
CoolHandLuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2018, 10:24 PM   #115
TXHunter12
Ten Point

It’s now become a great place to stop on a road trip to use the bathroom and not buy anything thanks to their new rules.
They also have great free napkins.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2018, 03:31 PM   #116
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Yup, just a coincidence Im sure........

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/howa...the-board.html
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #117
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
It amazes me that executives like Schultz and others of the like who have been supporters of the left can still actually relate to what the democrat party has become.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #118
Wtex
Four Point

F Starbucks and their overpriced chit. Liberal bassterds deserve to go bankrupt.
Wtex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #119
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
It amazes me that executives like Schultz and others of the like who have been supporters of the left can still actually relate to what the democrat party has become.
What does having a billion dollars in your savings account have to do with you:
Wanting to ban all guns
Allow a woman to choose abortion
Allowing two men to marry each other
Easing immigration requirements for foreigners (ok, this one actually helps a lot of billionaires bottom line)
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #120
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post

I'll give you a quick lesson how all this ties back to Obama

Ullman is publically a staunch Obama supporter

Hobson is married to George Lucas but on top of that works for Ariel Investments

Ariel Investments is based in Chicago and founded by John Rogers
John Rogers being the big monied guy he is and being in Chicago is very close to Obama
Not just that but John Rogers wife, Desiree, was the White House events coordinator for Michelle Obama (she basically just planned all the parties)

Always, follow the money (and the connections)
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top