sales tax question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sales tax question

Figuring my quarterly Texas Sales taxes and I realized I may have been over paying due to calculating gross sales including processing fees. I can't seem to find a straight answer but it would seem logical I should be able to deduct them from the gross.

Does anyone know for certain?
    can you direct me to source material?

I dont know. But there is a hotline number to call to ask them directly. Its all too complicated

Comment

Do you charge an extra fee for those using a CC and you have been including that number in your sales?

Or are you asking about the $2-$3 dollars you paid in fees per thousand dollars in sales that you want to deduct from your remittance?

Comment

If you overpaid, you should get back........

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
          Do you charge an extra fee for those using a CC and you have been including that number in your sales?

Or are you asking about the $2-$3 dollars you paid in fees per thousand dollars in sales that you want to deduct from your remittance?
          I don't charge extra but Paypal charges me a small fee plus a small percentage per transaction

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            I dont know. But there is a hotline number to call to ask them directly. Its all too complicated
            I was about to call but realized it's Columbus day.

Comment

You have to pay sales tax on your sales before the fees. Otherwise if everyone paid with CC you would be collecting sales tax and using it to pay your fees. If you collect it as sales tax it's sales tax and not yours. Would be nice if I could deduct fees before sending in my taxes though.

Comment

What bowslayer said.

Comment

Texas State Comptroller can answer any questions you have...

Comment

Not that anyone cares, but if someone actually files a complaint to Visa/MC merchant services for you charging them a “fee” to accept their CC, they can and will take away your ability to accept cards. You agreed to the fee when you signed the merchant services agreement to accept cards.

Comment

Trevor--- it's also illegal in Texas...…….

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                        Not that anyone cares, but if someone actually files a complaint to Visa/MC merchant services for you charging them a “fee” to accept their CC, they can and will take away your ability to accept cards. You agreed to the fee when you signed the merchant services agreement to accept cards.
                        I don’t charge extra.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                          You have to pay sales tax on your sales before the fees. Otherwise if everyone paid with CC you would be collecting sales tax and using it to pay your fees. If you collect it as sales tax it's sales tax and not yours. Would be nice if I could deduct fees before sending in my taxes though.
                          That make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                            Curious, you got a source?

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                              It was but not now. The law was overturned.

Comment

Working...
                              X