No announcement yet.

Trump salutes North Korean General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On MSNBC, the video playing at this time shows the NK General saluting Trump first. I am thinking it couldn't hurt to return the salute in a friendly fashion just to keep everyone agreeable before they sit down, rather than have people butt hurt from the get go. Before it is asked, yes I was active duty, and am currently still involved with in couple different aspects of the military.

Comment

What ever happened to respect! Regardless of who he saluted and where he saluted them at I see it as a sign of respect. The same as if someone extended there hand for a shake, it’s the American way to shake the dam hand.

Comment

Let’s see we have a recovering economy, honest negotiations with trade partners, larger budget for the military, and less tensions with a nuclear adversary. I don’t care about the salute, technically military courtesy is extended to foreign soldiers. Note he did not bow.

Comment

Trump does things to keep the resistance entertained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
            Let’s see we have a recovering economy, honest negotiations with trade partners, larger budget for the military, and less tensions with a nuclear adversary. I don’t care about the salute, technically military courtesy is extended to foreign soldiers. Note he did not bow.
            ^

Comment

Google is your friend on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                How is a general a higher rank than Commander in Chief of the most powerful armed forces in the world?
                He's not. The military custom is to salute the higher ranking official, NK general saluted Trump first, Trump returned a salute (which is never required by a higher ranking official, but is considered a sign of disrespect.)

Comment

and Stripes Forever."
                  c. Foreign military officials listed in table 2–1, holding positions equivalent to those of DOD and military department
                  officials, both military and civilian, will be rendered the honors to which the equivalent U.S. official is entitled,
                  regardless of actual military rank. All other foreign military persons will receive the honors due their actual rank or its
                  U.S. Army equivalent. In the case of foreign dignitaries who are the equivalent of civilian officials of DOD and
                  military department officials (see b, above), "Hands Across the Sea" should be substituted for the 32–bar excerpt from
                  “The Stars and Stripes Forever.”

here is the regulation

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
                    What ever happened to respect! Regardless of who he saluted and where he saluted them at I see it as a sign of respect. The same as if someone extended there hand for a shake, it’s the American way to shake the dam hand.
                    From what little research I did I would liken it to giving an "olive branch" or sign of peace. I believe by Saluting the General it was a clear sign of respect and offer of peace and Truce and recognition of the respect shown to him first. Bottom line is if Trump didnt return the salute the left Trump hating liberals would be crying how Trump insulted a foreign General.
                    Last edited by BrandonA; 06-14-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                      Must be FAKE NEWS! No it was true! As a vet, I was insulted he saluted an officer of worst government in the world. How many other governments kill there family members. Starve there own people. But Kim did a real snow job on trump! Time will tell all the trump supporters trump, supports the Russians also. I hope other Vets on here arn't blind!!!
                      Blast away.
                      From one vet to another, go read your regulations..... google is your friend

Comment

In newly released North Korean state media footage, President Trump is seen returning a salute from one of the country's generals. The video also highlights North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's trip before the historic Singapore summit.

Here is the video

Comment

After seeing the video I have no issue with the way President Trump handled it.

Comment

Good Lord. A few short months ago the world was worried Kim Jong-whatever was gonna nuke us all, but then Trump strong-armed them into capitulation. Now we're in a tizzy over this? Come on.

Comment

As a retired Army officer, I would be upset if President Trump did NOT return the general’s salute. If one of my junior officers was saluted and did not RETURN the salute, I would have been all up in his s&@$.

A salute is a sign of respect and to not return the salute is disrespectful.

Comment

It's embarrassing, but really not a big deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X