A/C window unit for deer stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
    Thank yall very much for the suggestions. I ended up ordering on of those attic airs to try out. I think it should work for my purpose and it's only $40. Cons to it seem to be you need to be close to it which is no problem for the stand and water refill every 3-4 hours instead of 8 like it advertises which is fine. I'm hoping it can run 2-3 hours off a 10000mah battery pack and if so I should be set!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Please post up a review after you've tired it out.

I plan on using a battery pack to run a small fan in my blinds this year.

I got the fan from the 99c store for $1.99 and it already has a usb plug.

I tested it with a 2500mah and it ran for 3 hours with no issues.

Comment

this one seemed to have better reviews than the artic air min cooler. I may try a battery/inverter with one this fall!

there sure is a lotta man shaming going on in this thread just for someone trying to improve his situation a bit!

Comment

That one does look nice too. I may try it out too in order to see which one is better. I also do a lot of night hog hunting so if these work it would be awesome for those still nights with no wind. I'll keep yall posted.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

COOL idea.

(See what I did there... )

Comment

hope the money they saved on spell check went into the device technology.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	24543222

we measure stuff in units of iphone now?

Click image for larger version

Name:	phones.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	24543223

Comment

Haha. Always checking the reviews for similar misspellings! But can't argue with that price! Buy it before trump's evap cooler tariffs kick in!

Comment

Use my DeWalt fan cooler box... Works great!

tending the fire,
                Bob G.

Comment

I put a 12AH battery in my stand with a solar panel to run a small 12V fan along with interior lighting and usb ports.

Comment

Just put your feet in some ice, that will cool you down

Comment

How about this? Any experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Something I find pretty effective at cooling me off is to bring a small cooler loaded with ice and a cup of water. I bring a couple wash clothes and soak them in the cooler and drape them over my neck. Just keep rotating them until the temp in my sealed torture chamber cools down at nightfall. I do open all my windows. When there’s a breeze it keeps the temp (barely) reasonable.

I have a solar panel hooked to a 12v battery that powers a small fan but it really only pushes the hot air around and doesn’t offer any real relief. However, something I may try soon is to soak my black long sleeve swim shirt in the cooler, lightly wring it out and put it on. With the fan on I’m betting the evaporative cooling may be just the ticket. An effect I’ve noticed when at the lake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been known to hunt nekkid. Requires a lot of bug spray and much care not to get it on the wrong body part. After a time or two I decided if its too hot to sit in the blind it's too hot to be hunting and there too much TV needs watching at home.

Oh and there's nuttin wrong with having a couple of heater buddies in the blind.

Comment

I was hunting axis in my skivvies last weekend. I've been planning a new stand for next year that may have an ac

Comment

Working...
                            X