Dam Breach on the Neches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some friends in Vidor text me this morning that a dam breached and all of Orange Co. is under mandatory evacuation. They are still waiting to be rescued. This sounds like the worst thing that could happen to these people. Anybody have any intel on this?

I think they are mixing two stories. I could be wrong.

Some levees in Port Arthur have breached.

Toledo is letting water go, similar fashion to flood of 2015. Not to the same CFS as 2015, but they are definitely sending water down stream.

Comment

I have not heard of this. i dont think its accurate but if it is... Please let me know asap

Comment

And Dam B, just south of Rayburn, was releasing A LOT of water yesterday, probably still is today. That much water might look like a dam breach...

Comment

I just saw on the news that Tyler County is releasing a bunch of water as a precaution. Said it was going to be a bunch of water and to evacuate. They didn't mention the name of the lake though.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            I just saw on the news that Tyler County is releasing a bunch of water as a precaution. Said it was going to be a bunch of water and to evacuate. They didn't mention the name of the lake though.
            I think that would be Dam B.
            *Photo from yesterday evening.

And Toledo probably isn't too far behind.
            Attached Files

Comment

Dang. thats a warning right there.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Dang. thats a warning right there.
                No kidding!!!

Comment

Writing the social security number is stupid- police and emergency responders do not have access to the database.

Writing your drivers license number allows police to know your identify, address, immediately.

Still horrible. Everybody be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My sister moved from dam b to higher ground after Rita. I bet she is glad they made that move.

Comment

The rumor of the Dam B breach is false. It and Toledo are releasing water though.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                        I think they are mixing two stories. I could be wrong.

Some levees in Port Arthur have breached.

Toledo is letting water go, similar fashion to flood of 2015. Not to the same CFS as 2015, but they are definitely sending water down stream.
                        Originally posted by BrandonF View Post
                        And Dam B, just south of Rayburn, was releasing A LOT of water yesterday, probably still is today. That much water might look like a dam breach...
                        Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                        The rumor of the Dam B breach is false. It and Toledo are releasing water though.

Thanks fellas. I think they must have been mixing reports together as suggested. My friends were rescued and then put on a bus for Lake Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          I have not heard of this. i dont think its accurate but if it is... Please let me know asap
                          Sorry for the false alarm Steve. I know you are esp. concerned for the safety of your BIL down there helping. I hope he is able to navigate the chaos safely.

Comment

Working...
                          X