Gulf Shores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gulf Shores

Headed to Gulf Shores on Saturday with wife and 2 year old daughter, we are planning on stopping in either Monroe or Jackson to break up the trip. Does anybody have a recommendation on a safe hotel to stay and which town is best to stay in overnight?

Look for a place in Pearl. It's much safer than Jackson

Comment

Ditto on driving through Jackson.

Comment

Best Western Monroe-Airport is right on I-20 with free breakfast and wi-fi. Located near mall with lots of food choices.

$91 per night (Sat. pm) per Travelocity, expedia, orbitz, bestwestern, etc..)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Louisiana.html

I agree, don't stay in Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          Best Western Monroe-Airport is right on I-20 with free breakfast and wi-fi. Located near mall with lots of food choices.

$91 per night (Sat. pm) per Travelocity, expedia, orbitz, bestwestern, etc..)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Louisiana.html

I agree, don't stay in Jackson

Agree! "The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night. . ." --CDB

Comment

Monroe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are you leaving from? Gulf shores isn’t a bad drive straight shot but get it with the 2 yo

Comment

Don't stay in Jackson

Don't stay in Monroe , stay in West Monroe. There's quite a few hotels at the Thomas Rd. Exit #114. Holiday Inn Express, Hampton, etc all located relatively close to Ike Hamilton Expo Center

Comment

I would stay in West Monroe. My GF and I just made the same trip a couple of weekends ago. We drove the whole way twice and it was brutal.

Comment

West Monroe and Dinner at Cottons or Warehouse right downtown.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. Would we be better off to stay in Baton Rouge then drive into Gulf Shores Sunday morning? Traffic is what I am concerned with going that route.

Comment

I10 was a mess on Memorial Day weekend. We went I20 and it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post
                          Thanks for all the responses. Would we be better off to stay in Baton Rouge then drive into Gulf Shores Sunday morning? Traffic is what I am concerned with going that route.
                          Traffic in BR is almost as bad as Austin. It'll take almost an hour to get thru BR.

Where in TX are you leaving from? I live in Tyler and we go to Gulf Shores every summer. I'll drive straight thru, 10 hours. We always drive to Jackson and then cut down instead of going down 49 to I-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                            Traffic in BR is almost as bad as Austin. It'll take almost an hour to get thru BR.

Where in TX are you leaving from? I live in Tyler and we go to Gulf Shores every summer. I'll drive straight thru, 10 hours. We always drive to Jackson and then cut down instead of going down 49 to I-10.
                            We will be leaving from the Denton area. If it was just the wife and I we would drive straight through but don't know how the 2 year old daughter will do..

Comment

We made the drive straight through two years ago with our two year old at the time. It was a breeze. Keep her busy and her belly full. She’ll sleep and play.

Comment

Working...
                              X