Built an AR "for the kids"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built an AR "for the kids"

4.5" cmmg 22 barrel and bolt (yes it's stamped), 80% lower, 1-4 Bushnell, 50 round drum, sparrow can. Mil spec trigger may be too stiff for them, probably have to get a drop in eventually [emoji16]

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hellbndr23; 06-23-2018, 01:40 AM.

That’s pretty awesome.

Comment

Sexy

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I looked at doing that but the shorter barrel and how easily it could get pointed in the wrong direction or back at someone scared me to death. Yes I can hear the comments now about teaching proper gun safety, but it only takes one mistake with a firearm for it to be a deadly one. HOWEVER, I do live the build

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt_Dance View Post
            I looked at doing that but the shorter barrel and how easily it could get pointed in the wrong direction or back at someone scared me to death. Yes I can hear the comments now about teaching proper gun safety, but it only takes one mistake with a firearm for it to be a deadly one. HOWEVER, I do live the build
            Do you let the people you are worried about pointing it in the wrong direction shoot pistols? Substantially harder to break the 180 with this than a pistol. Even without the suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
              Do you let the people you are worried about pointing it in the wrong direction shoot pistols? Substantially harder to break the 180 with this than a pistol. Even without the suppressor.

I’m guessing he is working off of the assumption that you actually built this for your kids and not yourself. Just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is similar. I run the black dog machine mags and have a sig Romeo 5 red dot on it. One of the funnest guns I own

Comment

I actually did build this for my kids. 4 and 7, or any other new shooter that's not ready for the concussion of my 556 AR. I would let those same people shoot my ruger 22/45 with the suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post

No. I wanted to start my 8 year old learning with a rifle not a hand gun. Kids get excited and I just wanted the dangerous end to have a longer swing if they doin around. Got her in a Rugsr American compact. Still building my own SB with a can which would be about 12-14 inches with it on. Once she proves she can handle the Ruger responsibly I will move her to other fire arms.

Comment

Working...
                    X