Venison wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison wraps

I was reading Richard M's recipe and thought I would share my version for those of us who don't care for cream cheese. I think you could prep just about anything this way and it would be heavenly!

First I take my steaks and pound them flat with a tenderizing hammer then marinate them in zesty italian dressing overnight(but even a few hours will do fine). Then I cut onion, bell pepper, & jalapeno into thin strips and marinate them in the same dressing for a few hours. Wrap the veggies with the venison and wrap a half slice of pepper bacon around the whole thing. Use a toothpick to hold it all together and grill to a nice medium.

I have found they dry out if I pre-assemble them without leaving them in the marinade just before they go on the grill. I gotta get pics to add!

Hope y'all like them and please share any variations for the rest of us to try

Just like I make them...one other thing I do is coat them with honey or maple syrup as they cook, it sound weird but it really adds to it!

Comment

Sounds good, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

I wrap mine with bacon and pico after soaking in milk overnight. You can use anything though. Mushrooms, cheese, whatever you like.

Comment

Makes me hungry!

Comment

sounds great

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
              X