metal rool door insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metal rool door insulation

Is there any way to insulate a metal roll up door. I have one in my metal building and was wonder if a radiant barrier paint would do any good.

Loews sells 1.25 foam panels specifically for the garage doors. Haven’t tried it but I’m tempted

Comment

foam board

I am not sure what it is really called. We just cut pieces of that foam board and put them in the door panels. You can tell a difference.

Comment

I believe OP is talking about roll-up door vs standard sliding garage door.

Comment

Foil bubble wrap insulation on a actual roll up door and it helps.

Comment

If you’re talking about a true roll up door, I believe you have to order those as insulated from the manufacturer. I haven’t seen any insulation you can buy for one.

Comment

4 X 8 sheets of foam with the aluminum backing. Cut so tight you have to bend them to get them under the lips. Works great.........
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't think you can on Barrel Roll up door.

Comment

Just installed an insulated roll up door. The insulations is very thin foam with foil backing. I believe it was glued on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                    If you’re talking about a true roll up door, I believe you have to order those as insulated from the manufacturer. I haven’t seen any insulation you can buy for one.
                    I believe this is correct

Comment

The r value on an insulated roll-up door is 1, it helps deflect the heat but that's about it. On a sectional door you can use the foam but depending on size of the door you may need to adjust the springs because they are calibrated for a specific weight.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                        I believe OP is talking about roll-up door vs standard sliding garage door.

Yes... Not the standard garage door.

Comment

Shop Reflectix R-21 Attic Wall Unfaced Reflective Roll Insulation 33.3-sq ft (16-in W x 25-ft L) Individual Pack in the Roll Insulation department at Lowe's.com. Reflectix insulation has over a dozen money-saving applications for around the home. The list of uses includes crawl space, radiant floor, attic and walls,

This what I used. I used silicone caulk to hold it in place, just a few beads. The silicone can be removed easily if needed
                          Last edited by Radar; 06-20-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Some of you do not understand the difference between a roll up door vs an overhead door

Comment

You might call Tex-door out of San Antonio to see what is available if anything.

I know the owner well. Good people.

Comment

Working...
                              X