New truck alarm system opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New truck alarm system opinions

So I'm looking for a good truck alarm for my Chevy duramax that has been broken into 3 times in 6 months. I haven't bought an alarm to my last 3 trucks, but I need to get one asap. What brands are y'all using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra

Comment

Is alpine still a reputable company, thinking I might want one with a FOB that would alert me something is going on with my truck since all three breakins have happened at work. I'm a chef so once I park my truck I don't get back to it for at least 10-12 hours.

Comment

Man, that sucks! Are other trucks getting broken into also? 3 in 6 months is crazy!!!!

Comment

Don’t forget the alarm is only as good as the installation, I would rather have a cheap alarm well installed than an expensive one poorly installed. Some installers put key items speaker , wires or main alarm within easy reach of an experienced car thief or car burglar.

Comment

Reposting as much as I can

I keep seeing threads about stolen trucks and each time I post about using the Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog

Comment

I have a viper that will alert you up to a mile. Also, it has a remote start that works from a really long ways away.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                Reposting as much as I can

I keep seeing threads about stolen trucks and each time I post about using the Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog
                Ranchdog is dead on.

Comment

x3 for a viper system

Comment

Viper!!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                      I have a viper that will alert you up to a mile. Also, it has a remote start that works from a really long ways away.
                      Great options.............

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
                          Thanks for the info guys

If you put the Ravelco plug system on it as soon as a potential thief sees the Ravelco Sticker on the window they are going to walk away period. They know its hopeless short of towing it away.

If you put the Viper on it with the window sticker, they know that you know they are breaking into the truck. They really want no part of that. Especially with so many armed carry people around. They might bust a window and grab one bag flee fast but they are not going to hang around long rummaging around.

Bottom line is they had rather just move on to another unsecured truck. Its really not worth their effort. They quit messing with mine when I went to both of these. Before they broke into it 3 times....

Ranchdog

Comment

How much do those cost? and could you still do remote starts with the ravelco?

Comment

The real question is where can I buy Ravelco and Viper window stickers?

Comment

Working...
                              X