Couple lease rules being questioned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
    On another note, 75% of our hunting is single hang on stands, 20% climbing tree stands and 10% ground blinds. Other than the groundblinds that my dad has put there are no stands to hold two people. They are not going to hunt together that is not what he is wanting. They will put these "guest" in one of our club stands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You guys have to hunt the club stands only or can a member set up those own stand if they choose to? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have spots available for this member and his dad to be on the lease? Sounds like he wants to hunt with his Father, I can understand that. If spots are available he just needs to pay for two. Otherwise this may not be the lease for him and his father.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwoods View Post
        Do you have spots available for this member and his dad to be on the lease? Sounds like he wants to hunt with his Father, I can understand that. If spots are available he just needs to pay for two. Otherwise this may not be the lease for him and his father.
        Yes there is a spot. If anyone dad wants a spot we would make a spot. My dad pays his own and I pay my own spot.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          You guys have to hunt the club stands only or can a member set up those own stand if they choose to? Just curious

We have 3k acres with 13 club spots there is more than enough room to set up anywhere they would like.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
            We have 3k acres with 13 club spots there is more than enough room to set up anywhere they would like.

Sweet! That’s awesome. Put me at the top of the list if there is anything available!

Comment

Family - yes
              Split membership - NO. It won't stop there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Agreed 100%....as long as they do not exceed the individual member's ranch allotment, they can hunt every day with them at our place. We are family oriented and encourage fathers/mothers to share their lease with their kids and wives/husbands. The way we look at it, the member has 1 trophy, one mgmt/cull deer (if there are some) and usually two does. Who kills it as long as it is an approved deer and the member approves of the use of his allotment, doesn't matter. With the way some of our member's kids work their tails off for their parents, they deserve a deer or two. And our guys are very good about sharing with their kids. We have had two fathers let their kids shoot their trophy the last few years with bows and that was bad***!

Split memberships would be a big no.
                x2 I agree as far as guest it shouldn't matter as long as there is a limit on number of guest per outing. We have a rule that's one guest at a time so we don't have one person with multiple guest. We also have that rule for safety, since our lease has 8 members there are times where there is only one of us out there on some weekends. Having a guest helps in the event something may happen, there is someone else out there with you.

No on splitting a spot, too many things could go wrong with this and you're just opening yourself up for other problems.

Comment

We had a similar situation for several years. There were only a certain amount of slots available on the lease. Some of the members were allowed to purchase more than a full share. Meaning they got a spot and a half or two spots. So instead of guests shooting off their tags, they could bring their "business associates" and let them kill a trophy or mature deer rather than a cull or a doe. I only had a half spot for 5 years which meant, by the landowner rules, I could kill one 8 point or better and either a cull or a doe. But if i killed an 8 or better, then any guests I took could only kill a cull or a doe.

That changed last year. Instead of trying to keep up with who had how many spots our fearless leader said everyone pays for a full spot. Which works out for me cuz my GF can't help but pull the trigger on SOMETHING!

Comment

If they hunt together, while on the land at the same time, and they are not allotted any additional animals, I would not think there would be an issue with the Father / Son sharing.

I consider Family to include Mother and Father. Not Uncles or Cousins though.

With that being said, have a conversation and feel it out. If it's a good conversation, work with it and see how it goes. If it's not a good conversation, end it up front to avoid any upcoming drama.

Comment

25 yrs on our lease and helping run things. Family should be who you live with and or dad or mom. Splitting spot is a big no no!! Will not work splitting a spot. They will take advantage and then bring their friends, just not good idea. Been there done that!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        Do not split the membership. That will be a huge headache down the road. Also I would suggest Biological kids under 18. Some parents are split and the kid lives with the other parent. Not trying to be a jerk but it could come up. Other than that looks like you got a nice place.
                        Man, that is a bit harsh. You are treating the red-headed step children (or adopted kids) like, well, red-headed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                          Man, that is a bit harsh. You are treating the red-headed step children (or adopted kids) like, well, red-headed step children.
                          Lol. Yeah I agree that's a little much.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Agreed 100%....as long as they do not exceed the individual member's ranch allotment, they can hunt every day with them at our place. We are family oriented and encourage fathers/mothers to share their lease with their kids and wives/husbands. The way we look at it, the member has 1 trophy, one mgmt/cull deer (if there are some) and usually two does. Who kills it as long as it is an approved deer and the member approves of the use of his allotment, doesn't matter. With the way some of our member's kids work their tails off for their parents, they deserve a deer or two. And our guys are very good about sharing with their kids. We have had two fathers let their kids shoot their trophy the last few years with bows and that was bad***!

[ATTACH]903867[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]903868[/ATTACH]

Split memberships would be a big no.

This!! I have never understood the leases that don't allow guests. I grew up hunting with my dad, and we alternated years with trophies. Hard to get new people into the sport if we don't allow them to hunt.

Split membership wouldn't bother me either, as long as they understand what their allotment of animals is.

Comment

It's threads like these that make me hate the whole concept of group leases.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                We live together and are getting married in less than 2 months so we will be immediate family in less than 2 months.

fify

Comment

Working...
                                X