Lindsey Graham backs Gun Confiscation Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNN reported that Graham has long supported red flag laws, which allow a court to issue firearm confiscation orders for individuals deemed a threat to themselves or others.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) says gun confiscation laws portend a way Democrats and the GOP can "come together."

. There the Lindsay graham we all know and despise.
    These red flag laws are ridiculous. No due process. Based on complete hearsay. Soon the leftists will be scouring Internet forums like this one to find gun enthusiasts to red flag. What about the millions of responsible gun owners who also take an anti-depressant or some other prescription that helps them. That’s where this is going guys.

Comment

I have been to several residences over the last 18 years and dealt with individuals who had no business having access to guns.......that's what these laws are for and I dont have a problem with them if they require a well documented history with the individual.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        I have been to several residences over the last 18 years and dealt with individuals who had no business having access to guns.......that's what these laws are for and I dont have a problem with them if they require a well documented history with the individual.
        Only thing, In too many of the mass shootings and terroristic activities, people in authority dropped the ball and the perpetrators "slipped through the cracks". I say how about we get the authorities to do a better and more thorough job before we take guns away from law abiding citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
          Only thing, In too many of the mass shootings and terroristic activities, people in authority dropped the ball and the perpetrators "slipped through the cracks". I say how about we get the authorities to do a better and more thorough job before we take guns away from law abiding citizens.
          X-2

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

All laws are abused. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. The left thinks wanting to own a gun is a sign of mental illness. People in the center and even a lot of Republicans think that owning anything other than and 870 and 30-06 is crazy. They have already attempted, at the state level, to make purchase of a firearm or ammo as reasonable suspicion to enact these laws.

You are essentially giving your sister with a “Feel the Bern 2020” sign in her yard free reign to have cops come and seize your guns at gun point the next time you get in an argument with her.

I have zero doubt that many lawmakers backing these things have good intentions. However the others regularly exclaim they are coming for our guns. The road to hell was paved with good intentions and all that.

Due process after a Right has already been violated is not due process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bad policy that will be abused.

Give an inch, take a mile comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

Due process after a Right has already been violated is not due process.

That is the problem.
                Due process should take place first, then if solid intel is found the process should continue. The red flag laws do this backwards. Some Joe Blow calls & says whatever they want & then they take your guns, THEN they research it to look for proof that the complaint is founded.

Comment

All laws are abused. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. The left thinks wanting to own a gun is a sign of mental illness.
                  I saw a British skit once where the man (Mr Bean I believe) in charge of issuing firearms permits said anyone who wishes to have a firearm clearly isn't suited to have one. That is exactly the attitude you speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                    Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The narcissism of politics knows no bounds. From either side it comes. Way way more from the left side but its coming from both sides and must be resisted at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise
                          So, why cant I carry a firearm daily, with out permission?

Pure stupidity

Well we certainly should be able to.

Comment

Well we certainly should be able to.

**** right! There are 13 states operating under constitutional carry. As it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise
                              So, why cant I carry a firearm daily, with out permission?

Pure stupidity
                              Cause we allowed politicians to do away with due process and now you have to prove that you can carry a firearm, instead of them proving that you shouldn't be able to?

Comment

Working...
                              X