No announcement yet.

Gasoline shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wait until everyone fills up, a day or two later there will be deliveries that hit and everyone will still have 3/4 of a tank!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      There are shortages. But also everyone panics making it worse than it should be. You've already seen it in just this thread.
      Yep. Self induced

Comment

Yup I am not worried about it, it is not like Texas is the only state that makes gas....

Comment

Originally posted by tim21877 View Post
          There was a waiting line at the QT in Keller at 6:00 this morning
          Was there a line at the store across 377? I have never seen anyone there.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
            Was there a line at the store across 377? I have never seen anyone there.
            I was at the QT by 170/377....I guess technically that's Westlake not Keller

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
              Yup I am not worried about it, it is not like Texas is the only state that makes gas....
              True but, the refineries that shut down were responsible for 25% of the nations gasoline. That's a big number.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
                I'm supposed to drive to FL on Friday and now I'm a little concerned about making it
                I'm in Florida and got concerns about getting home Sunday.

Any one heard of shortages along the way of 98/49 to 20?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                  Thanks to WFAA, this all started a panic last night. If people up here would just buy gas like normal we would be fine. Gas still comes in from other places. I passed 3 or 4 gas tankers going Southbound on 75 from Sherman today. Another was filling up a station at 121 and Custer when I went by at 4:30.
                  I saw that segment on the news last night and figured this morning there would be a panic and long lines today. Sure enough, on my way to work this morning every gas station I passed had long lines.

Comment

There is no shortage of fuel, its panic that has everyone filling up and the trucks to refill stations is what is taking time. There are millions of gallons of fuel stored for surplus. Most of the fuel we get doesn't even come from local refineries. I know for a fact here in corpus none of the fuel produced here stays here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sat in line for about 30 mins at 530AM this morning at a QT in Mckinney

Comment

The only reason to act on this now is due to all the not so normal people freaking out and slurping up every gallon. That leaves us normal people to react the same way, or a station could run out. We are topping off all our trucks and equipment right now for surplus storage just in case

Comment

I'm not seeing it, even this close to the disaster area. Kroger was pretty much empty of vehicles this morning even advertising $2.00/gallon.

Comment

I wasn't panic buying this morning as I was below when I normally fill up. I drove past a couple gas stations to get to HEB to give them business with all the help they have provided. They were out with signs saying it was coming. The next one I went to only had premium so I went to the next one and filled up. This was in Pflugerville (Austin Area)

I don't think there will be a shortage once the panic is over but prices have already gone up (not sure where the line is on gouging) and I bet they keep going up.

Comment

Gas panic is in full swing in Ft Worth. I went by 5 stations that had signs "no gas, diesel only". Costco had about 20 cars in line at each pump. When I finally found gas I paid $2.43. QT is only selling gas from 1/2 of their 100+ Metroplex locations. Usually your best bet is a station on an interstate as far away from town as possible. It is going to make for and interesting Labor Day travel weekend...

Comment

Frisco and surrounding towns like little elm and the colony are out.

Comment

Working...
                                X