6 1/2 days, then DONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 1/2 days, then DONE!

I know probably all the teachers and coaches on here are counting down the days until next Friday and 12:00 PM, then we (at least here in Lubbock) are done with the 2016-2017 school year. It has been long and tough, at least for me and especially for the kids. STAAR tests last week, MAP testing this week and 6 weeks assessments before the 26th. Whom ever came up with this rotation of tests need to be hung!

To all the teachers/coaches, have a good restful summer and have fun by all means.

I am changing schools for next semester, but I will not worry about that for a couple of weeks, then I have to start new trainings for the new set up going into effect for the SEBSS units in Lubbock ISD.

First though is a short trip to Fredericksburg for out 44th anniversary!

Enjoy your summer!

Good deal, have a great summer and happy anniversary to you guys! We will have our 44th next month.

Comment

My wife is counting the days!

Comment

I am counting the days. Next friday at 12ish ends the year for us as well.

A couple of new coaches coming in so I will be up here periodically meeting them but it's going to be a good break til the end of July

Comment

Counting down as well. 48 more hours with kids! Then we get to stress over the summer. Found out yesterday we are losing our principal and one of our assistant principals. They are off to bigger and better things, but I've been in this boat before and sometimes it sinks.

Comment

I'm not a teacher, but thank y'all for what y'all do and enjoy the much deserved time off!!!

No way I could do what a teach does, or could but up with it. My hats off

Comment

Trying to make it until next Friday with these 8th graders that think they are high schoolers already. Whoever decided that the 8th grade should take the last STAAR test 3 weeks before school gets out should have to come keep them busy for the rest of the year.
              Get to rest and fish until the end of July and then its back to getting ready for football.
              Grits

Comment

Mudslinger where do you teach? My mom is a teacher at Irons Jr High.

Comment

Have fun. 44 years congrats.

Comment

From the parents of a 10 year old. I will be so glad when school is out. I am tired of doing homework and having to study for test. I feel like I am now back in school. It's every night and weekends too. If we don't help him he doesn't pass. There is so much more material and the complexity for a 10 year old.

Ugh, its killing us.......

Comment

Bump for educators. Tough job. Thank you.

Comment

Congrats to all on making it through another challenging year. I broke up a girl fight yesterday so the end can't come sooner. Last day of students for me is June 1. Last day for teachers June 2. No summer school for me. I plan on visiting/scouting some public lands this summer with or without my wifey. I would also like to visit parts of texas I have never seen like the Palo Duro Canyon or Big Bend area. Be safe all.

Comment

Today is the last day for us with students then 2 weeks of staff development then I'm RETIRING from teaching again.

Comment

My "teaching days" were all in uniform, and it was quite different as I had authority to correct misconduct or failure to perform. I feel for teachers in today's school systems.

Comment

Counting the days myself. 2 years and 6 days and I am done for good. Retirement!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X