Big tax cuts coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    Sigh...No matter what you do, people will find a reason to ***** and complain.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Which is why I kept demanding these Trump haters tell us what they want Trump to do or how much he needs to get done from the pre-election promises list before they stop complaining... But of course they flip flopped all over and never gave a direct answer. They know he's getting more done than any other President ever...but just can't admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      On the border wall, as soon as the Democrats said they wouldn't vote for any spending bill that included funding for a border wall and they'd "shut down the government" over it, Trump's administration came out and said that he'd go ahead and agree to a spending bill that left the wall out (even though we don't need a single Democrat vote to pass anything). Instant cave.

On the Obamacare repeal, the best thing to do would be to repeal it completely and immediately. Letting it slowly die just makes things worse for longer. And repealing it is what Trump and the GOP all promised they'd do last year. Now that they have the power to do it, they won't. There are some in the GOP that actually do want to repeal it, and there are some that said they wanted repeal but clearly don't want to repeal it. Trump sided with the part of the GOP (establishment leadership) that doesn't want to repeal it, and he literally said the other folks in the GOP that did want to repeal it are the enemy. He had a chance to pick sides and lead, and he chose the wrong side and lead the wrong direction on that issue.

Those are too huge failures, and both cases illustrate clearly that neither Trump nor the GOP leadership are committed to their promises on those issues. There's not any credible way to spin it otherwise.

The Gorsuch nomination and confirmation was a great thing. It showed what can happen when you have the power AND the will to use the power to accomplish what you want. You get your way when you want to when you have the power. There's no excuse for them to not get the same kind of result with repealing Obamacare, the border wall, tax cuts, or anything else. They have to power to accomplish every single thing they promised in the campaign if they actually want to follow through on it.

Dropping the big bomb on ISIS and dealing decisively with North Korea and working to reduce regulations are all good things, and I absolutely give Trump and his administration credit for those. It's awesome to see those kinds of things being done. But that just makes it that much more frustrating to watch them make half-hearted efforts on big issues like repealing Obamacare. If they wanted to succeed on that, they would.

That doesn't mean they haven't done some good things. But the fact that they've done some good things doesn't mean that they haven't blown it big time on some things either. That's all I'm saying. Making excuses for them and ignoring that fact doesn't change anything, and it sure doesn't do anything to encourage them to not sell us out on other things.

Let's not blindly worship "our guy" the way all the liberals worshiped Obama and convinced themselves that he could do no wrong. That's not healthy for either side, is it?

Blind worship? Your memory fails you sir as does Landrovers. I have been far from a worshiper of trump. But ill take my blindness elsewhere. Wouldnt want to upset the omniscient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back to the Tax Cuts Issue.

What I am seeing is that the Mortgage Interest Deduction and Charity Contributions will still be deductible.

If Property Taxes are not deductible, I'm screwed.

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
          I'd like to know who on here has a cooperation who has averaged over a five to ten year period paying 35, 25, 20, 15% federal corporate income taxes?

I for one after paying myself and everyone else and all of my expenses never pay that much.

I think this whole thing is a joke. I'd be willing to bet that Trumps corporations have hardly ever paid over 15%.

Middle income families are going to get a bigger tax credit but if they have business expenses and mortgage expenses this won't mean anything to them either.

I'm all for Trump and reducing government and pumping up the economy by reducing taxes and regulations but this isn't going to do it. On top of that, the minute we get a change of congress and/or White House it all goes right back where it has been. Big deal!

They need to get rid of all income taxes, abolish the IRS and have a national sales tax so that everyone has to pay in. Even your local pimp and drug lord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Regrettably, we have paid that much over the last 4 to 6 years or so. It is shameful to be a small business (S-Corp) to be hit in mid to high 30 percentile year after stinking year! Total ripoff on multiple levels........I laugh when folks post what they are hit with from the IRS.......I am happy to trade with them. The current biggest issue is the way it is being presented at this point, seems to be geared towards C-Corps.......that would be a travesty as that would surely key in on larger organizations.......not small biz owners for the most part!
          I agree with INCOME TAXES should be eliminated as it has only been around since the early 1900's.......what a scam!
          Originally posted by LWC View Post
          I too agree that it is a great post by Shane. Shane is very knowledgeable and points out both the positive and negative aspects of the admin. It seems that many of his hardcore supporters ignore the negative points. I think it is important that we recognize both and make sure the admin does what is right for the people. How can we expect Trump to change his tune on repealing Obamacare if all his supporters think he is doing a great job, related to healthcare. We can be supportive of the positive issues and critical of the negative issues......at the same time. We don't have to say everything he does is great or everything the left does is awful. Both do good and bad things at times.
          Kinda normal ain't it. For some reason that is not logical anymore but that is the reality.
          As Tucker Carlson keeps saying, the president is far from a conservative and ran as a populist. That worked for him and I congratulate him on getting that part of the game completed. Now lets finish the game!Expecting to fulfill all that hyperbole during the campaign ain't gonna happen but the things that are important to the nation should be focused on and accomplished. Ain't a negative or a positive statement, just what it is.
          I for one won't even judge a stupid 100 days like folks are doing. Heck, my phone showed FOX saying it was 100 days with "mixed results", along with the BBC and CNN. It is a silly standard from the Roosevelt era at best. More importantly, just do the peoples work based on the landscape you are presented and stop griping about it..........I am pulling for him as it affects the heck outta Americans that need forward movement!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            Blind worship? Your memory fails you sir as does Landrovers. I have been far from a worshiper of trump. But ill take my blindness elsewhere. Wouldnt want to upset the omniscient

Truth! Honestly, i have never mentioned anyone, I have only asked folks to look at things from every possible angle no matter what nitwit you voted for!

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
            Back to the Tax Cuts Issue.

What I am seeing is that the Mortgage Interest Deduction and Charity Contributions will still be deductible.

If Property Taxes are not deductible, I'm screwed.

Any thoughts on this?
            Sadly, it appears to be tweaked every time a panel discusses it. Moving target and sadly a boat load of Repubs are NOT supporting the tax cut plan!
            Last edited by Landrover; 04-26-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

I didn't mean to offend you, brother. I apologize if I did.

I knew better than to post on this thread. All it's good for is making enemies any more. Not my intention.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                They know he's getting more done than any other President ever...but just can't admit it.
                That title still belongs to FDR. Trumps 28 minor bills pales in comparison in both the amount and impact had by the 78 FDR passed in his first 100 days.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  That title still belongs to FDR. Trumps 28 minor bills pales in comparison in both the amount and impact had by the 78 FDR passed in his first 100 days.
                  Many economists will trll you that FDR's bills prolonged the depression much longer than it needed to be. It may have seemed like a good thing at the time but he did not do the country economic favors.
                  Last edited by flywise; 04-26-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Actually, not bills that went thru the process to become laws. All of them are executive orders. Going to have to start governing as you can only do so many of those and run this country.

Comment

Armchair quarterbacks, gotta love em.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Many economists will trll you that FDR's bills prolonged the depression much longer than it needed to be. It may have seemed like a good thing at the time but he did not do the country economic favors.
                        I was merely pointing out the quantity of legislation passed by FDR, not making a pronouncement on the quality. By "impact", I was implying how much change they caused: good or bad.
                        Last edited by sir shovelhands; 04-27-2017, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I was merely pointing out the quantity of legislation passed by FDR, not making a pronouncement on the quality. By "impact", I was implying how much change they caused: good or bad.
                          I was not trying to be critical of your post, just making a point that quantity does
                          Not mean quality.
                          Id rather Trump keep the course with executive orders removing obamas legacy than spending his time getting bills passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            I didn't mean to offend you, brother. I apologize if I did.

I knew better than to post on this thread. All it's good for is making enemies any more. Not my intention.
                            No enemies, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              I was not trying to be critical of your post, just making a point that quantity does
                              Not mean quality.
                              Id rather Trump keep the course with executive orders removing obamas legacy than spending his time getting bills passed.
                              This is the best plan I've heard in a while. It is high time that our presidents bypass congress and start doing what is right for the country. Only downside I see is if we get a president elected that doesn't share our values or one that does not have the country's best interest at heart. Other than that, I don't really see a downside. Congress is just a bunch of obstructionists anyway. Wonder what it would take to get rid of that whole system?

Comment

As the old saying goes, checks have been written that he can't cash at this time. He will need help passing measures to help our country.

Comment

Working...
                                X