Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

sounds like you were expecting to just kill and not hunt. did you look at any of the photo albums for proof? there is plenty of game there. the pigs aren't going to walk up to you and stand quatering away at 15 yards so you can run an arrow through them. i've hunted there several times and have had nothing but outstanding experiences with both chris and karl. normally i've been covered up with animals on almost every hunt. you went on a 2 day bowhunt with 12 people and are complaining that you hunted so **** hard you didn't get to see too much of each other???? seriously??

Comment

I think it sounds more like they were expecting to see more animals than what they did. Jerp even said that he thought the hogs were there but they have become wise to hunters. I feel the same way when I go to my deer lease. One weekend I see quite a few animals. The next weekend I don't. It makes me feel bad that I didn't see any animals to shoot that particular weekend. Some peoples expectations or feelings are different than others. I have never hunted that ranch before by the way.

Comment

How was the new ranch Mgr

Troy Hardsty was great and we always saw hog saw hogs & got shots

But when you corn the road the hog or deer become nocturnal

Comment

Troy was great and he really put you on the pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Maroon Blade View Post
              sounds like you were expecting to just kill and not hunt. did you look at any of the photo albums for proof? there is plenty of game there. the pigs aren't going to walk up to you and stand quatering away at 15 yards so you can run an arrow through them. i've hunted there several times and have had nothing but outstanding experiences with both chris and karl. normally i've been covered up with animals on almost every hunt. you went on a 2 day bowhunt with 12 people and are complaining that you hunted so **** hard you didn't get to see too much of each other???? seriously??
              You were covered up in pigs on every hunt and the 12 of us only saw 3 pigs in 2 days? Wow - it must be cause' you're a superior hunter. That's the only explaination I can think of -- you should have come along to show us rookies how it's done...
              Look - I know it's hit and miss on any lease, much less a day lease - just trying to give an honest appraisal of our experience - yours may be different. The ranch manager may have treated you like kings - with our group he was surly and wanted nothing to do with us - maybe he was just having a bad day. Karl on the other hand was very friendly and gracious.
              Last edited by jerp; 02-25-2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
                I felt really sorry for the hunters that Chris told us were coming in on Sunday... driving in from Chesapeake Virginia... that's a 24 hour drive!! I hope the Hog God's looked favorably upon them and they all get kills!
                Chris said those guys cleaned house on pigs, 7 I think he said .

Comment

Working...
                X