No announcement yet.

Lease Question - Honest Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of rules, no bow hunting, only 130’s type deer, and $4k would be a deal breaker for me.

I do agree with the no hunting at night rule during season though, mainly out of respect to the other hunters on the lease.

Also keep in mind that good leases are hard to find. Unless you already have something lined up, I wouldn’t jump ship so quickly.

Comment

Why no bow hunting? That just seems like a stupid rule to have. I can get the no night hunting, but no bow hunting and only weekends is just silly. Either a hard nosed landowner or lease manager and several guys that can’t hunt anything but weekends and and don’t bow hunt and they don’t want others to have advantage. I hope the day never comes where I have to be in such a lease. OP, if the good times out way the bad...stay. If they don’t and you’re constantly frustrated and annoyed, move on.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        I wouldn’t want it on my lease during season. In fact no night hunting during season has been a rule on more than a couple leases I have been on. People are there to deer hunt during season and regardless of size rounds going off through the night it will have an effect on the deer within proximity to that area. 3200 acs. with 16 guys is tight as it is at 200 acs.
        a hunter. I suspect the lease boss just assumed it was a given there would be no night hunting during season so the rule was not in writing. I also suspect he is getting a earful from other paying members and had to act.

I guess I should note I was focused on the night hunting. I would not have been on a lease with those additional rules to start with.
        Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
        If it isn't fun, get out. Life's too short.
        Sorry these

Comment

Not worth it for what you pay and what you’re getting out of it. Friday-Sunday so that’s around 30 days of hunting only if it’s only seasonal. The no driving around and hunting at night during season is obvious I’m sure it’s a rule at every lease.

Comment

Wow with rules like that I would have never gotten on it.

There's better leases out there. Start looking and good luck.

Heck I've got one in Southeast Texas you can get on and shoot hogs all you want.

Comment

I see both sides of the coin. My argument, besides all of the other rules, lie in the fact that the pig stand locations are so far away from any of the main stands that it doesn't affect them. 3/4 of a mile from the nearest other stand.

But I get how the perception of night hunting seems in general. Especially when no one else on the lease has ever done it ... or cares to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                Why no bow hunting? That just seems like a stupid rule to have. I can get the no night hunting, but no bow hunting and only weekends is just silly. Either a hard nosed landowner or lease manager and several guys that can’t hunt anything but weekends and and don’t bow hunt and they don’t want others to have advantage. I hope the day never comes where I have to be in such a lease. OP, if the good times out way the bad...stay. If they don’t and you’re constantly frustrated and annoyed, move on.
                There is actually a lot of this. The older LOs view bowhunting as a way to wound animals. I've had to seriously sweet talk my last two in order to gain permission to bow hunt

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This!

Comment

If its Seasonal only...It would be a never for me...I /we have as much enjoyment in off season as we do in season..Just watching animals and helping landowner and Beautiful country

Comment

This right here.

Comment

I'm on a place with lots of rules. That being said they all make sense. I could not hunt on a place with rules like this at all. Only letting you hunt 3 days a week? No bowhunting? No thanks! There are better deals out there for sure. Good luck OP

Comment

If you can only hunt Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I'd bet it's getting hunted on the other days.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            If you can only hunt Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I'd bet it's getting hunted on the other days.
                            This would definitely be my concern.

Comment

Sounds like you know what you need to do.

For me, there are far more factors in your post to leave... and not really a good one to stay

Comment

All those dumb rules for a 130 class buck....lol I would be gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X