Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grim Reaper Broadheads! Do you Recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim Reaper Broadheads! Do you Recommend?

Guys I need opinions on these Broadheads how do they perform,penetrate, and shoot? Most importantly how well do they leave a blood trail? I shot 2 deer with the Swhackers and im not impressed with the blood trail hardly any is left.. One of these deer was a bad shot on my part that I cant get over but it happens lesson learned I just learned a big lesson last night..Maybe it was cause of my bad shot who knows but I had no blood to really follow to help me recover the deer. The blood trail yesterday was terrible just like last weeks successfully harvested deer.. Do you guys recommend the Grim Reapers granted that I do my part? If so which of the Grim Reapers do you recommend best?

I use them and have never lost an animal. I use the Razortip. Elk, Deer and Pigs, makes no difference with this broadhead, goes right through them. Blood trails usually look like they were made with a hose.

No tuning needed, flies like a field point.
    Last edited by MidLifeKtm; 10-15-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidLifeKtm View Post
      I use them and have never lost an animal. I use the Razortip. Elk, Deer and Pigs, makes no difference with this broadhead, goes right through them. Blood trails usually look like they were made with a hose.

What's the cutting diameter on these?

Comment

1 3/8ths or 1 3/4" on the 100 grain

Comment

How do they handle bone?

Comment

Yes.....especially the 100gr 1-3/8" razortips... Shorter blades are stronger

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSjsJH1PMk"]Lopsided 8 w/ kicker - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I shot them last year. Crap blood trails, some blades didn't deploy, but despite all of that all three deer that I shot died within sight (and I can't see very far out of my blind).

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Yes.....especially the 100gr 1-3/8" razortips... Shorter blades are stronger

Lopsided 8 w/ kicker - YouTube
                Dang that's impressive... I have a small tract of land that I'm hunting that has a decent target buck on it, I may need to get some of these to help with avoiding crossing property boundaries on a tracking job...
                Last edited by knighttime; 10-15-2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                  How do they handle bone?
                  They have a chisel point and bust up bone.

If blades aren't deploying, the base probably wasn't aligned when it was tightened.

Comment

They have a chisel point and bust up bone.

If blades aren't deploying, the base probably wasn't aligned when it was tightened.
                    What do you mean about the base being aligned when tighten?

Comment

grim

enough said, this is the exit hole on a 35 yard shot. Deer ran 10 yards!!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                        enough said, this is the exit hole on a 35 yard shot. Deer ran 10 yards!!!!
                        I will tell you one thing this is a way better hole than I've seen from the swhaker! What kind of Grim Reaper was that deer taken with?

Comment

The base has slots the blades must line up with. If it is tightened down without proper alignment, the blades may not open properly. This is not difficult to do but I always check each blade to ensure it is opening properly.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                            What do you mean about the base being aligned when tighten?
                            The base has three slots, one for each blade. When you tighten BH into arrow the blades slide into the base at the three slots.

Comment

Working...
                            X