No announcement yet.

Investment questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's somthing to invest and forget about it until you retire, I would go with Exxon stock. I know the investment planners that were taught one way would say to diverisify but I don't allways agree with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
      30k buy a rental house and get your 8-1k a month in rent ... Done... I have seen many
      you mean put 30k down on a 100k house? Not sure you can rent a 30k house for 800 plus a month.

If you are going to put 30k down, you will probably only net 200 to 300 a month which is great. You must consider repairs etc. Rental homes are great long term investments. Investor loans also require higher interest rates than a convetnioal loan.

Roth IRA are great. You can make money in the market for 5 years and then pull you original investment amount out at a later date. Roth IRA only allow you to contribute 5500 or so a year.

Comment

I think I would ask investment firm instead of a public forum.

Comment

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
          you mean put 30k down on a 100k house? Not sure you can rent a 30k house for 800 plus a month.

If you are going to put 30k down, you will probably only net 200 to 300 a month which is great. You must consider repairs etc. Rental homes are great long term investments. Investor loans also require higher interest rates than a convetnioal loan.

Roth IRA are great. You can make money in the market for 5 years and then pull you original investment amount out at a later date. Roth IRA only allow you to contribute 5500 or so a year.
          No I mean if you have 30k ready to go you can buy 3 bedroom houses and rent them out ... Yes own a house for 30k ... You cant finance them with foundation issues but renters don't care.... The last one I was sent was in McKinney not bfe

Comment

Deadeye,
            Lots of great advice on here already. I agree with the above statement about educating yourself before you do anything.

Real estate has outperformed Wall Street over the last 100 years as a whole. That being said, each real estate investment has it's own set of challenges. Diversify and get into a few different things, once you educate yourself on them.

Good luck,

Comment

Contact jerp,he is a financial advisor and that is who I used for my retirement fund,not quit as much as $30,000.. But he knows what he is doing.......

Comment

Payoff credit card and car loans first then start saving then build and emergency fund, then save for retirement. No sense in saving money now if you have monthly credit card debit.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
                  Payoff credit card and car loans first then start saving then build and emergency fund, then save for retirement. No sense in saving money now if you have monthly credit card debit.
                  ^^^ How much intrest do you have going out vs. what this money will return? If you are paying 5%-12% intrest now on something (car,credit cards, student loan,etc) you are better off using the money to pay that off. THEN, you keep making those same payment, this time to yourself and in a different account such as a money market. After an amount accumulates, decide then where you can use that to earn some intrest.

Comment

Wrong forum. Go to http://www.bogleheads.org

Honestly, your not ready to invest now. Park the money in a savings account and educate yourself.

Comment

No I mean if you have 30k ready to go you can buy 3 bedroom houses and rent them out ... Yes own a house for 30k ... You cant finance them with foundation issues but renters don't care.... The last one I was sent was in McKinney not bfe
                      Can you send me some info in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                        Can you send me some info in that?
                        Sorry ;-) call your real estate agent.

Comment

I have a lot of my considerably < $1,000,000 in a mutual fund with Raymond James Financial Investments earning about 7% dividend. I agree that paying off a high interest credit card might be a good move first if you have that issue to contend with, however one problem with that is that you will loose any future earnings potential with the $30,000 in an investment if you use the $30,000 to pay off the credit cards. You may never have the same opportunity to invest that amount of money again!

Comment

Land or guns and ammo

Comment

Put the money in an interest bearing checking account. Savings accounts these days don't pay squat. Cedit unions offer the best rates. Some are offering 3 to5 % here in Missouri for a certain amount of time. While your money is earning interest take an investment course or class. Good luck to you and don't invest with you hart.

Mac1

Comment

30k buy a rental house and get your 8-1k a month in rent ... Done... I have seen many
                                In about 5 years I'll be doing the same thing

Ike

Comment

Working...
                                X