No announcement yet.

Public Hunting Draw Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love TPWD, but I can't wait till they get their s*** together and have a real online lottery system. Texas has the worst hunting lottery system I've ever used and I'm currently applying to over 10 states a year. Every other system you just apply online, pay online, you actually KNOW the draw dates.. It's not just "whenever they get around to it" and "I hope they got my check since there is no way to tell". It sucks calling in over and over and getting a busy signal. Other states you actually know a good 5-6 months ahead of time when you win so you can actually PLAN your hunt??? I don't know if it's a funding problem or what but they need to get it together, it's 2013. The internet has been around for a while now and every single other state uses it.. Since you can buy licenses and the big time hunts online I don't see why they couldn't incorporate their lottery system into it..

I'm fine with the actual category/point system, just the way they execute it is so bad it's almost unbelievable
    Last edited by Deers & Beers; 08-02-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
      I love TPWD, but I can't wait till they get their s*** together and have a real online lottery system. Texas has the worst hunting lottery system I've ever used and I'm currently applying to over 10 states a year. Every other system you just apply online, pay online, you actually KNOW the draw dates.. It's not just "whenever they get around to it" and "I hope they got my check since there is no way to tell". It sucks calling in over and over and getting a busy signal. Other states you actually know a good 5-6 months ahead of time when you win so you can actually PLAN your hunt??? I don't know if it's a funding problem or what but they need to get it together, it's 2013. The internet has been around for a while now and every single other state uses it.. Since you can buy licenses and the big time hunts online I don't see why they couldn't incorporate their lottery system into it..

I'm fine with the actual category/point system, just the way they execute it is so bad it's almost unbelievable

I called on wednesday to se if they got my check. I was on hold for about fourty five minutes, but I did get ahold of someone. I gave her my social and was told all my entries were in and there were no disqualifiers. She also told me they would be drawing for the gater hunt next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post

AMEN!!!

They keep saying "next year". Maybe it'll actually be next year this time. It would be much better if they had everything online, and I know it would be better for the folks in Austin that have to mess with all the paper entry cards and checks too.

Comment

Dear TPWD as a first time applicant I would just like to say that I disagree with the above statements about how crappy yall run things so please put my name on top of theirs especially for the gator hunt that I missed the dead line for but it was wortj 3 bucks to try and sneak it in there post marked the day before it was due

Comment

Originally posted by big chris View Post
            Dear TPWD as a first time applicant I would just like to say that I disagree with the above statements about how crappy yall run things so please put my name on top of theirs especially for the gator hunt that I missed the dead line for but it was wortj 3 bucks to try and sneak it in there post marked the day before it was due

Comment

I like the fact that it is not online and easy. I think if it were then a lot more people would apply. And less people applying increases my chance of getting drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                I like the fact that it is not online and easy. I think if it were then a lot more people would apply. And less people applying increases my chance of getting drawn.
                That might be true. I dang sure can't complain about the hunts I've been drawn for.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  That might be true. I dang sure can't complain about the hunts I've been drawn for.

Like what shane, its like buying a powerball ticket but this time I don't know what tge jackpot is up to, so I cany even day dream about what all I'm going to buy with my millions

Comment

Yeah, I think we are blessed that we have so many hunts to be able to apply for here in Texas. I've done a couple of public hunts in Arkansas, and even though the system is automated, the hunts weren't near the quality of the hunts that I've been on here in Texas in the last nine years (eight hunts). I can live with the current system as long as the hunt quality is there.

Comment

I really dont mind the current system. But I do look forward to the automated system.

I've never really thought about it, but I think I would agree that by doing things all online, it will generate more applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Ben and I are signed up for 7 different categories. We have been drawing together for the last 5 years and have not been selected for a single hunt. Maybe this is the year.
                        Heath, you and Ben must be putting in for the same hunts I do. I ain't been drawn yet either .

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                          Yeah, I think we are blessed that we have so many hunts to be able to apply for here in Texas. I've done a couple of public hunts in Arkansas, and even though the system is automated, the hunts weren't near the quality of the hunts that I've been on here in Texas in the last nine years (eight hunts). I can live with the current system as long as the hunt quality is there.
                          Ya, I completely agree with the quality. I haven't won a hunt yet but can't wait till I do, I've heard nothing but good things. I don't think the quality has anything to do with streamlining the system. I just didn't realize how bad our system was till I started applying out of state.

The fact that it's harder and more of a pain in the butt to apply probably does weed out a few people. That kind of sucks though, sounds like something the government would do.

Comment

Originally posted by big chris View Post
                            Ok, so after tpwd cashes my check I can call and make sure I'm entered in all my categories ? And I saw earlier in a post do they let you know either way win or stay home by postcard ? When do yall think yhey draw for the stuff that had to be in on 8-8
                            Best thing to do is wait on the mail. Once they do the draw, by the time you get thru on the phone on their automated system, you will get the notification of being drawn in the mail first.

Comment

I called to check on my application status. They are all in but for some reason my app for Private Lands Pronghorn was disqualified. I guess I filled out the app wrong or something. It wouldn't be a big deal but that is a $10 entry.

Comment

So they tell you win or loose on each so you know once they've drawn and your not still waiting around ?

Comment

Working...
                                X