No announcement yet.

2011 - 12 Granger WMA Postcard Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great. Nice to know that my luck with drawing at Granger is just as bad as my luck with the TPWD drawn hunts. I'll be coming out on Oct. 3rd so I can not get drawn again.

I would also ask the question about having the AHP at the stand-by drawing. I would hate to pay for it and then not get one of the stand by positions (which, given my track record on drawings is a virtual certainty).

Congrats to those who got drawn and GOOD LUCK!

Comment

just checked e-mail,will be there next saturday

Comment

Didn't get drawn either. Sure wish I could try to come out on the third. Good luck to those who did get drawn.

Comment

YeeHaa!!!!!
          Thank You Trey & DerricK
          I will see you on the 1st.

Comment

APHP - Annual Public Hunting Permit

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
            Will we have to have the annual permit then or after we are drawn as standby
            You will need the APHP before the orientation. I guess you could see if you get drawn; then run to Circleville, or WalMart in Taylor and get your permit while we are signing up the other stand-by lottery winners.

Sorry to everyone who didn't get drawn - I always hate to turn anyone away. There were another 80 or so that did'nt get drawn. I should know exactly how many positions there will be after the drawn hunter orientation on Saturday. I will post (here) how many stand-by positions there are on Saturday sometime.

Since there is no set hunt length (all of bow season and regular season), or compartment assignments, there should not be a big difference between a regular drawn or stand-by drawn hunter. I expect it will take several weeks for things to settle down around there after everyone takes to the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
              Dang, no email. Any estimate of how many were not drawn? Trying to decide whether to take a half day at work on the 3rd and try to make the Stand-by list. If 60 people show up for the 15 or so stand-by's, is there another draw for the stand-by slots? Also, thanks for being so informative and answering all the questions!
              We held back 15 slots to make sure that we could advertise some amount of stand-by spots. I did not want to wait until that Saturday to figure out if there would be a stand-by drawing on the 3rd. This way you know there is a chance of being drawn.

There's no telling how many people will show up for the Saturday Orientation (or Monday Stand-by Drawing), but there are always some who don't (even after they paid $130.00 for our draw hunts). This was "free" so a lot of people will not show is my guess. Last year the drawn hunters trickled in and Johnny gave the orientation like 30 times - that's why we are having 1 mandatory orientation - you don't make that, you don't hunt deer on GWMA Postcard hunt. There is one other option - you can show up for the stand-by drawing and get re-picked through that process.

Comment

Trey thanks for the quick email replys and thanks for yalls hard work getting this hunt together!

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                  Sweet! We got drawn!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
                  I am ready

Comment

got my email yesterday, we'll see you all next Sat!!

Comment

How does the person that waits till the last min and faxes his in get drawn?! Jk congrats! Shows you how bad my luck is!!! Are yall drawing more cards on Monday or just individual spots?

Comment

Got an e mail also. Finally I won somethnig for once in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                          How does the person that waits till the last min and faxes his in get drawn?! Jk congrats! Shows you how bad my luck is!!! Are yall drawing more cards on Monday or just individual spots?
                          His card was on top of the stack!!!

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                            you can put up to 4 names on a stand-by card.

Comment

How does stand by work.first come or another drawing if we show up on the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by bioyak View Post
                                you can put up to 4 names on a stand-by card.
                                So if there is another drawing you don't necessarily have to be there in person, just a rep for the group?

Who can go that has extra room on their card

Comment

Working...
                                X