No announcement yet.

Official!!! Lampasas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been looking at a lot of properties online up around that area - I didn't think there was Axis but there seems to be from some of the posts here. What is best location to be looking for all of you familiar with that area? Prefer to have exotics.

Comment

Kempner has axis

Comment

Originally posted by Soclose View Post
        I've been looking at a lot of properties online up around that area - I didn't think there was Axis but there seems to be from some of the posts here. What is best location to be looking for all of you familiar with that area? Prefer to have exotics.
        Pretty much all of lampasas county has axis

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
          My folks are buying a place about 10 miles outside of Lampasas. Our previous place was south of Seguin, so I'm not as up to speed on the more hill-country management needed in Lampasas. Do you guys get your protein from Brown Feed? Does anyone get bulk protein delivery around there? What do you guys do for food plots if anything? Do you guys plant millet or anything for dove/turkey? I'm excited about this place. I've seen turkey, deer, and dove both times I've been out there, and it hasn't been hunted in several years. It needs some significant cedar maintenance and some grading at the ponds, which we'll get on top of pretty quick, but we're trying to put together a food plot/feeding plan to benefit the deer, turkey, and doves.
          Contact Dusty Duncan with Texas Ranch Outfitters. He will fill feeders and check game cams. 512-564-0303

Comment

Couple nice ones.
            Attached Files

Comment

^^^ nice ones ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet Hunter View Post
                Contact Dusty Duncan with Texas Ranch Outfitters. He will fill feeders and check game cams. 512-564-0303
                Thanks!

Comment

Just strolling down memory lane a little here - this was my first bow deer, from a lease we had close to Lometa two years ago. He was a little young for my usual decision making, but the weekend I shot him was the second of only two opportunities I had to hunt that year and we were getting off the lease at the end of the season so I decided to take the shot. It was great to finally get a bow deer after lots and lots of bowhunting with no luck. The double throat patch was cool too. I didn't get a deer last season and we ran out of venison about six months ago. I can't wait to get back in the saddle our new Lampasas place and get some meat in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
                    Just strolling down memory lane a little here - this was my first bow deer, from a lease we had close to Lometa two years ago. He was a little young for my usual decision making, but the weekend I shot him was the second of only two opportunities I had to hunt that year and we were getting off the lease at the end of the season so I decided to take the shot. It was great to finally get a bow deer after lots and lots of bowhunting with no luck. The double throat patch was cool too. I didn't get a deer last season and we ran out of venison about six months ago. I can't wait to get back in the saddle our new Lampasas place and get some meat in the freezer.

Awesome ;-) :-)!!!! Brother

Comment

any one heard any Turkey's lately?

Comment

Originally posted by MathewsMission View Post
                        any one heard any Turkey's lately?
                        This morning about 12 miles west of Lampasas we had two gobbling. ET

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
                          This morning about 12 miles west of Lampasas we had two gobbling. ET
                          thanks

Comment

Again while eating breakfast this morning on the porch the turkeys were gobbling in the oak thickets about 500 yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
                              Again while eating breakfast this morning on the porch the turkeys were gobbling in the oak thickets about 500 yards away.
                              I am jealous Lol. I can't get one to gobble out here

Comment

I just talk to them to play with them as we don't have a lot and the lease hunters around around us shot into my group of gobblers last year and killed about half of them. I used to have about 10 gobblers that would come to the feeder in the back until that happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X