• Show
Clear All

Buy American made and it is not an issue

Comment

paid it when i ordered last week

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        Buy American made and it is not an issue
        American made products are still suffering because of the raw materials tariffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          Sorry but lots of inaccurate info on this thread. There are massive tariffs in place already. The 10% is just for literally the remainder of all other products not already covered by the existing tariffs. The existing tariffs are putting small businesses on their asses. I could type up more but playing with my son. I’ll post later tonight.

The currency devaluation is literally from 6.7 to 7 rmb. That doesn’t even cover a 0.5%
          Sorry yeah I’m only thinking of my category which is getting an additional hit with the new tariff

The rest of it is from my 2 factories I’ve been with all week. I know you’re in a very different product category than me so not sure if that makes a difference. Either way it’s all getting more expensive, it just depends how much each manufacturer is going to pass through

Comment

The biggest issue I have with all of this is it punishes small and medium size business that can’t take a massive profit hit long enough to move production to another country. And let’s be honest, very very few companies are moving back the the US. They are going to places like Malaysia and Vietnam. Large corporations have the cash to quickly move manufacturing of all or part of its products. This is difficult for smaller business that don’t have entire departments to source new supply chains.

Comment

I wish my stuff only had a 10% hit-try and do business with a roughly 51% increase, some factories have lowered their cost some to help but we started looking at other countries for supply. Now granted my stuff is not tariffs but other duties that were put in place by the ITC

Comment

I saw it on a order....it was 10%

Might start looking elsewhere

Comment

The biggest issue I have with all of this is it punishes small and medium size business that can’t take a massive profit hit long enough to move production to another country. And let’s be honest, very very few companies are moving back the the US. They are going to places like Malaysia and Vietnam. Large corporations have the cash to quickly move manufacturing of all or part of its products. This is difficult for smaller business that don’t have entire departments to source new supply chains.
                  This is very true.
                  We are moving our stuff just to a different country in Asia like you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    Research and development ain’t cheap.

RTIC just bypassed it. 😂

Comment

The US needs to get some of it's business out of China even if it costs us a little. It's a communist enslaved nation that is funding a military build up with our money. Buy American, or buy products made in countries other than China. IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        Get a Icehole...made in Kerrville Texas and much better looking than many of the other Mega coolers. No Tariffs. Texans going to work.

Icehole is proud to offer American-made, built-to-last-forever hard coolers, soft coolers, and a whole new line of drinkware made of stainless steel with a thick layer of powder coating color baked on to keep your Icehole looking fresh. Whatever you're drinking, be sure to keep it your Icehole.

A good read on Icehole Vs Yeti.
                        https://thecoolerbox.com/icehole-coolers-vs-yeti/
                        Not true. They sold out and are now out of Burnet. Just had to order latches instead of just picking them up at the shop in Kerrville.

Still American made though.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're ever in the market for coolers, please be sure to check out our line of American-made Hard Coolers, Soft Coolers and Hard Cases. We've rolled out our second generation lines on our Hard Coolers and have introduced our new premium XD Series SoftPaks. There are certainly cheaper products on the market but we take a lot of pride in making them domestically (no tariffs) and backing them with excellent warranties.

We also offer a line of leak-proof stainless steel drinkware. This is the only core product that we have to import being that no one in the US is producing stainless steel tumblers.

You can also save $15 on any hard or soft cooler on our website using coupon code TBH15OFF.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            Research and development ain’t cheap.

RTIC just bypassed it. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                              IDK if that's 100% accurate. I have a friend that's in the chair business and right now he's out of the chair business because of the tariffs eat up all his profits. And he gets his chairs from China. If they would have lowered their currency so he could that he still made money, he would still be selling chairs.

I have no idea what the news media says about it on either side, only what an actual person buying and selling stuff from China told me.

China has in fact lowered their currency. Chinese products are not costing anyone in the world including the USA [emoji631] including tariffs because of this tactic.

Trump is steaming over it because it’s money manipulation and hurts USA EXPORTS not imports.

USA [emoji631] dollar is the strongest currency in the world right now, China doing this, hurts it a bit.

As for the chair business ? He might have gotten hurt a bit in the interim, but once China [emoji630]does their manipulation, things gets leveled out. Other factors might have hurt your pal too, like mismanagement? Possible but fact is, China [emoji630] will not allow itself to be priced out of markets like USA [emoji631] did years ago.

Made in USA [emoji631] means something today. Your pal should have begun to make chairs here instead of importing. Trumps game plan is to make it all here in the USA [emoji631]. This is how he’s pushed the economy upwards. He’s made it easy on taxes for corporations to return manufacturing back to the USA [emoji631]. Chairs made in USA [emoji631],,,, IPhones [emoji336] being made in USA [emoji631] and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry but lots of inaccurate info on this thread. There are massive tariffs in place already. The 10% is just for literally the remainder of all other products not already covered by the existing tariffs. The existing tariffs are putting small businesses on their asses. I could type up more but playing with my son. I’ll post later tonight.

The currency devaluation is literally from 6.7 to 7 rmb. That doesn’t even cover a 0.5%
                                American made products are still suffering because of the raw materials tariffs.
                                Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X