What Light/Laser Combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Light/Laser Combo?

So what do you use on your handguns, semi's for me?

I've got 2 different brands I have experience with and also prefer the "green laser." Got some lights with strobe feature and no laser, then the combo's with or without strobe option. Also the activation "button or wheel" is very important as I've found (one unit I trashed) will turn on with ANY pressure from the holster.

At least with my preference, I don't like a light that extends more than half inch at most past the end of the barrel and the more compact the better for holsters. In the past I was not that sold on any laser, but as time marched on and tried one I like it a lot for self defense...another reason I like the green vs red.

Not going to name what I currently use, that way I don't get the "trash Brand comments" so what say you GS?

I’m not a fan of lasers myself, I run a RMR. As far as lights go, you can’t get much better than any surefire weapon mounted. I believe the models I’ve tried are xc1 and xc300. Both very nice, I just prefer to carry a handheld light instead.

Comment

Look at the Streamlight TLR series.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
        Look at the Streamlight TLR series.
        Considering TLR8 or 4 and some different brand/models.

Comment

Originally posted by My Father’s Son View Post
          I’m not a fan of lasers myself, I run a RMR. As far as lights go, you can’t get much better than any surefire weapon mounted. I believe the models I’ve tried are xc1 and xc300. Both very nice, I just prefer to carry a handheld light instead.

This.
          I carried a separate light for 30 years as a LEO , seen lots of people over the years that use weapon mounted lights.Think about having to draw your weapon to use it to identify someone and you’re pointing your weapon at a family member friend or police officer or other concealed carry person. Not saying they’re not useful but it’s a liability that I’d rather not have, train , train , train with your weapon system day and night good luck with your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
            This.
            I carried a separate light for 30 years as a LEO , seen lots of people over the years that use weapon mounted lights.Think about having to draw your weapon to use it to identify someone and you’re pointing your weapon at a family member friend or police officer or other concealed carry person. Not saying they’re not useful but it’s a liability that I’d rather not have, train , train , train with your weapon system day and night good luck with your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Agree but I'm not an LEO anymore. This is strictly for self defense purposes. The boys and I have all handguns with lasers and some with lights/no lasers as I stated. This is for a particular HOME defense unit. Believe me, the training part is taken care of and has been for years. You are right Brother!!

Comment

I use a Crimson trace laser on two of my Glocks. I'd rather use a hand held light and not give someone a target right in front of my face.

Comment

Well, Streamlight and Crimson Trace are the brands the boys and I prefer from experience and our preferences.

Good comments and thanks for no Brand Bashing...drive's me nuts!

Comment

I run a TLR 2 HL on my 10mm.
                  Attached Files

Comment

X300 ultra is my choice. I have no use for a laser. But it’s a heck of a light

Comment

This is a Streamlight TLR-6 on a 9mm Shield. Sits in my nightstand drawer.
                      Bright light and Red laser combo. Trigger finger activated on both sides.
                      KIMG2012 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X