Went hunting last night, bad start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went hunting last night, bad start

I haven’t been hunting at the place close to my house in 2 weeks. I decided to go yesterday. Planned out being there from 4-?

Yesterday morning In Church I spoke with my friend and he was wondering if he should leave his pop up blind out. I asked him if I could continue to use it and maybe move it. He said that would be fine.

As I’m walking to where it’s at, on a tank dam, I’m not seeing it. I did see this.

I was initially a little irritated. It appears he took it down and left my stuff sitting there. I know that’s not the way he is. So I was confused. I know there’s a couple of kids that’ve been caught trespassing and the landowners asked them to leave 3X. I thought that they might’ve done something, but why leave the Mr Buddy heater.....
    I did find his chair in the water in the tank. I fished it out. Mine didn’t get blown too much cause I had a 1# propane tank in the pocket.
    I hid behind some hay bales hoping they’d come in. They didn’t.
    On the way out I noticed my blind was on the ground and only one stake holding it. I decided to drive the perimeter of the field where his blind was. I didn’t see it. I stopped by his house and spoke with him. He didn’t think it’d got windy enough to blow it away.... He was concerned that maybe those kids had messed with it.... We think it might be in the tank. It was dark when I looked in the tank.....

Sounds frustrating. You're right. If it was them, I wonder why they'd go through the trouble of unstaking and collapsing the blind without taking the other contents, assuming I read that correctly. Hope you get it resolved.

EDIT: saw the pic. I'd guess wind.
    Last edited by BlackHogDown; 01-22-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I guess a picture might help..

Comment

I'm going to say wind. Have had it happen to me

Comment

I've got one that is staked down and tied down to trees, the wind still folds it up when it gets strong out of the north. The stake won't hold them down in a wind.

Comment

I hope it was wind. Not that it’s good. But I hope no one did that on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Texifornia View Post
              I'm going to say wind. Have had it happen to me
              This. Happened to me more times than I’d like to admit. And I stake mine down pretty well...or so I thought

Comment

We're going with wind did it.

We're hoping to find it. It was only a few months old. Still had a few seasons left on it

Comment

I bet it was just the wind and nothing to sweat over. I have many pulled up and tumbleweed down the way.

Comment

I would say wind as well. Doesnt take much to uproot them and toss them all about. Dont guess yall have any trailcams out that you may be able to check for juvenile delinquents running around ?

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      I would say wind as well. Doesnt take much to uproot them and toss them all about. Dont guess yall have any trailcams out that you may be able to check for juvenile delinquents running around ?
                      In the pic the trail cam is in the tree line facing the blind. It's 117yds from the blind.
                      I checked it.
                      Only 1 picture of me as I walked up to it.
                      I last checked it before Christmas. I had to move it then. The bull uses the tree I had itbon as a scratching post. The tabs that hold the bungee cords broke. I moved it further in and higher up. I think I went too far in and maybe to high up [emoji17].

I placed on moving the whole setup anyways.

Comment

If it was kids, they woulda throwed that Buddy heater in the pond just to watch it splash if they didn't want to steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          In the pic the trail cam is in the tree line facing the blind. It's 117yds from the blind.
                          I checked it.
                          Only 1 picture of me as I walked up to it.
                          I last checked it before Christmas. I had to move it then. The bull uses the tree I had itbon as a scratching post. The tabs that hold the bungee cords broke. I moved it further in and higher up. I think I went too far in and maybe to high up [emoji17].

I placed on moving the whole setup anyways.
                          You just solved your own mystery. The bull is probably the culprit on the blinds as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            You just solved your own mystery. The bull is probably the culprit on the blinds as well.
                            Could be...
                            I've been in there when they've showed up a could of times now.
                            Second pic is of the bull.

Comment

Working...
                            X