Anyone hunt Arkansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt Arkansas?

Anyone have experience hunting/finding a hunting lease in western Arkansas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to hunt land in Miller County (Texarkana) growing up but it was land that belonged to friends of my father. My Dad shot a nice non-typical on ranch land off of 82 in the early 70s. I never saw anything large but some have.

Comment

Grew up there (Mena Ar), and hunted it my whole life. If you are looking for at Western AR, I would look no further than the Quachita Mts. In total there is around 700,000 acres of public land I believe. Beautiful country, plenty of deer, and no crowds. There are many points you can access the Quachita trail to get in out of different areas. While it's not on the scale of Colorado, be ready to do some work, if you kill one back in the hills.

Comment

Anyone hunt Arkansas?

Hunted on one in Lewisville for years. Always got a deer or two each season. Saw deer about 1/3 to half my sits if I had to guess. Plenty of poachers and got stuff stolen every year. Some decent deer killed every year though.

Comment

I am hunting in Columbia county between Magnolia and Eldorado. We have killed some nice deer in the last couple of years. I love it and its cheaper than hunting texas.

Comment

All good info!

How do you go about finding a place there?

Comment

I own 180 acres in SW AR but never hunt it. There are plenty of deer but just not what I'm looking for. I hunt KS and TX instead. So I'm curious why you want to hunt there since you hunt in good deer country.

Comment

You might check Deltic timbers site for available leases.

Comment

East Arkansas has some delta giants... that's all I'll say ��

Comment

I hunt ALL over south Arkansas and big deer to be found....cheaper than Texas and bow season opens earlier and runs til February 28....try RMS, Weyerhaeuser and Campbell timber companies.....

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted on a lease near Camden for three years. Got lease through timber company(they sold property this past year). Have gone up every year for the past 9 years now in February to hunt public land either near Paris(northwest) or Poison Springs(southwest). Have never had a lot of luck there but have enjoyed it. It is nice to go camp out a month after season in Texas is over and try and shoot a deer. I think we took 6 off our lease last year. Never saw much on the place we had but have heard of and seen some nice deer taken by some hunters in the area.

Comment

I'm thinking about trying to find something in Arkansas as well.

Comment

Shouldn't be too hard to find a reasonable timber company lease over there. There are pockets of really good deer north of 1-30, but should find good numbers throughout the area. I spend most of my hunting time in NE Ar now, but that's a different ballgame from down south. Different terrain and different deer.

Comment

Originally posted by lakefork View Post
                            I own 180 acres in SW AR but never hunt it. There are plenty of deer but just not what I'm looking for. I hunt KS and TX instead. So I'm curious why you want to hunt there since you hunt in good deer country.

The biggest reason is hunt some different terrain, season is from last weekend in September to last weekend in February (20-21 weeks long), cheaper than hunting Texas, still allow baiting, and most places are 5-6 deer county bag limits. I've never been a trophy hunter so the 5-6 deer bag limit plus the possibility of bear and turkeys is enticing to me.

Comment

All good reasons my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X