Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Same Buck? If so how old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    Looks like same buck all 3 years. Looks 5.5 this year
    Agree

Comment

Same
      4-5 this year

Comment

Same buck. Mature this year. Nice 8.

I analyze the data piece of our MLD property each year, for several years in a row now. Some would benefit by analyzing this kind of data to see how much the same deer can evolve over a short period.

It’s not rocket science and it doesn’t require over-analyzing a rack to match one to the prior year.
        Last edited by HoustonHunter; 07-30-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Different deer

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

I analyze the data piece of our MLD property each year, for several years in a row now. Some would benefit by analyzing this kind of data to see how much the same deer can evolve over a short period.

It’s not rocket science and it doesn’t require over-analyzing a rack to match one to the prior year.
            This could be the same deer, but I don't see it. The typical things that match up each year don't in this case. Main beams do not. Brows don't either other than one is longer than the other. They curve in opposite direction. Either way this deer is either 4.5 or 5.5 this year.

Comment

Not the same buck. Looks like a 5 year old

Comment

different imo. 6+

Comment

I say different deer between '17 and '18. Brows are completely different and main beam height is different on each.

Comment

I think it's the same deer, if so I believe he was around 2.5 in 2015, so that's put him at 5.5 this year!

I also agree with deer looking younger this time of the year.....you may convince me he is 6.5, just not sure about that statement if he actually is he same deer from 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

Different buck i analyze the data piece of my properties for several years also... brows are the tell tell signs and these two have completely different brows on curves in one curves out

Comment

Different deer in 18

Comment

Working...
                        X