No announcement yet.

Wife put my custom knife in the dishwasher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually you can always buy a new knife , but you better smile and say its ok baby it's just a knife.

Comment

Dangit!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        I'm open to suggestions for alternatives. Just need to be food safe.
        For a knife that touches food: mineral oil. It's edible, tasteless, odorless, and it doesn't go rancid. It's also commonly used on cutting boards, salad bowls, and wooden knife handles as it prevents water absorption, so it'll keep wood from cracking. Just don't go drinking it straight our you'll have to visit the bathroom pretty shortly.

For a knife that doesn't touch food: anything with the label "oil" on it at the hardware / automotive store will work.
        Last edited by sir shovelhands; 07-26-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
          For a knife that touches food: mineral oil. It's edible, tasteless, odorless, and it doesn't go rancid. It's also commonly used on cutting boards, salad bowls, and wooden knife handles as it prevents water absorption, so it'll keep wood from cracking. Just don't go drinking it straight our you'll have to visit the bathroom pretty shortly.

For a knife that doesn't touch food: anything with the label "oil" on it at the hardware / automotive store will work.
          10-4 thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            That's pretty funny. Here's a placeholder for now. I will get a knife pic tonight.

Sir, random pics of a pretty woman off the WWW doesn't count.

I'm sure she is worried about it bc I know how you are with your knives.

Comment

Anyone ever use gun oil on a blade? Wonder how well that works

Comment

Originally posted by Bucks and ducks View Post
                Anyone ever use gun oil on a blade? Wonder how well that works
                Just fine as long as you clean it before eating with it.

Comment

Put something of hers in the dishwasher. She will remember next time

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                    Put something of hers in the dishwasher. She will remember next time
                    She'll remember. That he knows how to use it. Expectations will be high. Don't do it

Comment

Working...
                    X