No announcement yet.

Outboard prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is an easy to use prop wizard. lots of factors/options you can input. i had a spun prop and decided to buy a new aluminum one as a backup. i did the prop wizard and got the Hustler prop model number. Found it for $42 on walmart.com and the hub was $21 (lifetime guarantee on the hub).

Even if you don't buy their props, it can tell you blades, pitch, diameter, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
      Took the boat down to jacks , said I should use my prop for a boat anchor !! Talked about a new prop and it’s looking like I need to come up with 550$ for one of his . That hurts !!
      This is why I warned you about Jack being very direct. His props are expensive as in anything on a boat. Once you buy he will make sure you are happy once
      you leave. A good prop can make all the difference once you are dialed in. You can have someone add cup for $200 or so but it may or may not help at all depending on what you started with.

Comment

Originally posted by CLR View Post
        This is why I warned you about Jack being very direct. His props are expensive as in anything on a boat. Once you buy he will make sure you are happy once
        you leave. A good prop can make all the difference once you are dialed in. You can have someone add cup for $200 or so but it may or may not help at all depending on what you started with.
        Yeah he was very direct but not in a bad way , I’m a novice when it comes to flats boats or how they are suppose to be setup . I also talked to powertech and they recommended a prop . Think I’m gonna go with one of theirs and see if it helps from their tech guys description it will be like Velcro in the water ..

Comment

Yeah he was very direct but not in a bad way , I’m a novice when it comes to flats boats or how they are suppose to be setup . I also talked to powertech and they recommended a prop . Think I’m gonna go with one of theirs and see if it helps from their tech guys description it will be like Velcro in the water ..
          Its not ever in a bad way unless you question his methods. He is a good guy and good at what he does.

Comment

Have you tried or do you have room to drop your motor down an inch? Even though it's a tunnel it sounds like motor is sitting too high. Your prop isn't allowing any lift in the bow. I saw where you redid the floor also, if with the new floor the bow could be too heavy. Redistribute all your loose weight towards the rear of the boat to keep the front as light as possible. 4 blade prop usually gives more bite and bow lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
              Have you tried or do you have room to drop your motor down an inch? Even though it's a tunnel it sounds like motor is sitting too high. Your prop isn't allowing any lift in the bow. I saw where you redid the floor also, if with the new floor the bow could be too heavy. Redistribute all your loose weight towards the rear of the boat to keep the front as light as possible. 4 blade prop usually gives more bite and bow lift.
              The motor cannot sit any lower then it is because of the aftermarket cavitationn plate . If I have it to low there’s a possibility to cause big issues . I’m currently building a raised console for the boats console to sit on top off , so I can put my fuel and batteries under the console . As for he floor being to heavy not saying your wrong but I highly doubt it , it’s just marine grade 3/4” ply with 2 layers of glass . I’ve actually been told she’s *** heavy I need to put weight forward .

Comment

The motor cannot sit any lower then it is because of the aftermarket cavitationn plate . If I have it to low there’s a possibility to cause big issues . I’m currently building a raised console for the boats console to sit on top off , so I can put my fuel and batteries under the console . As for he floor being to heavy not saying your wrong but I highly doubt it , it’s just marine grade 3/4” ply with 2 layers of glass . I’ve actually been told she’s *** heavy I need to put weight forward .
                You have any picks. I dont understand your meaning about the cavitation plate limiting the height.

Comment

Do you have trim tabs on the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    You have any picks. I dont understand your meaning about the cavitation plate limiting the height.
                    I’m not sure what picks are . I have a cougar marine play on it if the motor is set to low the plate will be under water and could cause big time issues with the lovwer under , as in ripping it off .

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      Do you have trim tabs on the boat?
                      No sir I don’t . I think my beat bet is a new prop at this point .

Comment

Sorry about that "picks." I meant pictures of the.cavitation plate in relation to the back of your boat.

Comment

Have you made sure the tunnel is venting?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            Sorry about that "picks." I meant pictures of the.cavitation plate in relation to the back of your boat.
                            I’ll get pics

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
                              Have you made sure the tunnel is venting?
                              I’m an idiot but what is that and how do I check ?

Comment

He said it’s just totally wrong for the type of boat I have . There’s nothing he can do with mine to make it work according to him . Anyone know another good prop guy I can talk to ? Thanks
                                He's literally one of the top 2 prop guys in texas for skinny water boats. Especially small tunnel boats.

I think You are making a mistake if you don't listen to him based off the price.

If you guy ask some guy that does props for pontoon boats in east texas, it's not going to be the same quality as foreman or Bauman. Those two guys know what they're doing. That's why jack foreman can be an ******* and stay booked up solid with work.

if you buy a new power tech prop, ask them if they'll refund your money, or change out props until it's right.
                                Last edited by kyle1974; 06-04-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X