No announcement yet.

Uvalde Co hunting/rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, we are going to try. Good Luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblue View Post
      Thanks, we are going to try. Good Luck to everyone.
      Any luck?

Comment

Watched two bucks fight this evening. Saw 4 different bucks chasing. It’s really starting to turn on.

Comment

Hunted for 7 days straight and not a single thing moving here! The lease manager keeps saying the "rut" but, you have to have some deer to see any rut happen! I see deer all over driving in but, as soon as I get within a few miles of the lease, I have yet to see anything. I hope the magic starts soon, I'm starting to think of East Texas!

Comment

Hunted for 7 days straight and not a single thing moving here! The lease manager keeps saying the "rut" but, you have to have some deer to see any rut happen! I see deer all over driving in but, as soon as I get within a few miles of the lease, I have yet to see anything. I hope the magic starts soon, I'm starting to think of East Texas!
            Research that ranch there’s a total nut job scam artist lease boss
            That has been running the south Texas turn around scam
            Definitely recommend you look into it

Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-11-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I love our Briscoe lease in Concan! Just gotta get everyone on the same page about not shooting young deer. We've been pushing for 4.5+ year old bucks. The protein feed is really helping the bucks tho, and the constant possibility of seeing a good exotic! We have Axis, and Aoudad around consistently. Along with plenty of pics of Sika, Catalina goats, Mouflon sheep, Red deer, and Blackbuck. Lots of hogs, foxes, and a decent sized group of javelina

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
                I love our Briscoe lease in Concan! Just gotta get everyone on the same page about not shooting young deer. We've been pushing for 4.5+ year old bucks. The protein feed is really helping the bucks tho, and the constant possibility of seeing a good exotic! We have Axis, and Aoudad around consistently. Along with plenty of pics of Sika, Catalina goats, Mouflon sheep, Red deer, and Blackbuck. Lots of hogs, foxes, and a decent sized group of javelina

Is this lease close to Reagan Wells? The reason I ask is that we hunted on a lease there over 20 years ago and it was completely shot out! They would take two dozers and tie mooring chains (for ships) and clear out everything for the goats. Beautiful country but at that time very little game. Hopefully it has turned into what you are talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                  Is this lease close to Reagan Wells? The reason I ask is that we hunted on a lease there over 20 years ago and it was completely shot out! They would take two dozers and tie mooring chains (for ships) and clear out everything for the goats. Beautiful country but at that time very little game. Hopefully it has turned into what you are talking about!
                  No, closer to 83/1051

Comment

Wow hef187, they must be all at y'all's place! Nobody has shot a deer on ours and talking to about 13 out of the 26 guns ( that we know of ), nobody has seen any either. I'm glad y'all are having luck but, ours must be shot out or ate up by the mountain lions and bears that our lease manager said that are all over our lease. Funny that none of our cameras have not even one pic of either 3 (deer, bears, or mt. Lions)!

Comment

Wow hef187, they must be all at y'all's place! Nobody has shot a deer on ours and talking to about 13 out of the 26 guns ( that we know of ), nobody has seen any either. I'm glad y'all are having luck but, ours must be shot out or ate up by the mountain lions and bears that our lease manager said that are all over our lease. Funny that none of our cameras have not even one pic of either 3 (deer, bears, or mt. Lions)!
                      I cant say the action is none stop, but its definitely gotten better over the last couple years. We done alot of adding corn, protein, and cottonseed feeders. Alfalfa, Molasses, and Water. Most of the exotics stick to the creeks and river (minus the rams and goats who run the hills).

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
                        I cant say the action is none stop, but its definitely gotten better over the last couple years. We done alot of adding corn, protein, and cottonseed feeders. Alfalfa, Molasses, and Water. Most of the exotics stick to the creeks and river (minus the rams and goats who run the hills).

Sounds like y’all are on part of the frio division
                        Adding those supporting feeds will definitely help just be careful you don’t cause your wildlife to get rumen rumen acidosis ( corn and molasses)sit will kill your deer in a shot order

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          Sounds like y’all are on part of the frio division
                          Adding those supporting feeds will definitely help just be careful you don’t cause your wildlife to get rumen rumen acidosis ( corn and molasses)sit will kill your deer in a shot order
                          Our corn feeders run for 2-3 secs max. We dont do cottonseed year round, and the aoudad normally hit the molasses

Comment

If you have any openings, let me know. I've hunted East TX 10+ years and have seen more deer in one day than I've seen on the Briscoe (5 miles south of Concan), in 6 months.

Comment

lamaredskin - having some luck?!? I saw your post about needing a tracking dog. Let us know how everything turned out and who yall used

Comment

Got it done man. Owned the place 5 year and this is the first shooter to step out. Bucks don’t come to the feeder here. He slipped up chasing a doe. 15 yard shot with the boom stick. Wish I had my bow with me but wasn’t expecting it. Shot so close could tell which way he ran. No blood on the ground at all. Once I finally calmed down I was able to grid Pattern the area and found him about 20 yards in some thick brush. Thanks for all the numbers and I called a few but was able to get it done myself. Happy hunting brothers and the rut is strong in Uvalde right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X