Best rainfall sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best rainfall sight

What is the best website that will give county rain totals daily for this year or at least for the past 2 weeks?

If around here TTU mesonet is the best I have found. It is actual station observations. Anything else will be Radar indicated.

Comment

I use weather underground. The site can be kind of glitchy sometimes but I like it because people can register their weather stations so if you are lucky enough that someone in your area has it registered you can get their data as opposed to the nearest city. Obviously if people do not calibrate their weather stations correctly you can get some bad data.

Go to weather underground and enter in the city closest to you. There will be a little map that comes up and there is a link in the bottom right hand corner of the map that says wundermap. Click it. You will probably have to zoom in a little to your particular area, you will see a bunch of round circles with numbers in it. That is peoples weather stations and the default to show the current temperature. You can click on the circle and it will bring up a square box with that days info on it. At the bottom of that box there is a link that will show you more data. Click that link and it will take you to a new page. Scroll down a little and you will see weather history for whatever the weather station you are looking for. You can change it from daily mode to custom and you can see whatever time period you want.

Not all the stations show the rain fall though so you need to find one in the area that does have that capability. I hunt between Rockspings and Junction and I was shocked at how different the rain fall is for those two cities compared to what I actually get at my lease. With a little bit of luck someone will have a station set up close to you and you can get better data.

Be patient with the website, like I said it is glitchy and freezes up quite often when you are in the map.

Long answer to a short question.......... lol. Hope it helps.

Comment

National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service (AHPS)

Comment

Mezonet for me also.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
            This

Comment

farm logs

Comment

Working...
              X