2 Hip Hop Artists critique Chris Stapleton Tennessee Whiskey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Hip Hop Artists critique Chris Stapleton Tennessee Whiskey

These two dudes are hip hop artists/fans and analyze music genres other than what they are accustom to and give reactions. For example, Metallica, George Strait, Alanis Morissette, Tom Petty.......etc

Pretty refreshing to watch but they do stop the video to comment through out, but IMO, worth it.

Check out Lost In Vegas' thoughts on Chris Stapleton's ''Tennessee Whiskey''! If you enjoy the content, please LIKE the video and don't forget to subscribe f...

George Strait... I can still make Cheyenne

Surprising!

Check out Lost In Vegas' thoughts on George Strait's ''I Can Still Make Cheyenne''! If you enjoy the content, please LIKE the video and don't forget to subsc...

Comment

Well I definitely agree with them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txsteele View Post
        These two dudes are hip hop artists/fans and analyze music genres other than what they are accustom to and give reactions. For example, Metallica, George Strait, Alanis Morissette, Tom Petty.......etc

Pretty refreshing to watch but they do stop the video to comment through out, but IMO, worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gptsfGD6PeI
        Stapleton is known for his song writing yet his biggest hit is a song he covered. I find that odd.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
          Stapleton is known for his song writing yet his biggest hit is a song he covered. I find that odd.
          I heard that just the other day and I didn't know that but I'm more impressed with the two black hip hop dudes really enjoying a country (Chris Stapleton cover) song.

Comment

That chris stapleton song always reminded me of sam cook "change gonna come"

Comment

Sidenote, if you listen to etta james "rather go blind" you will definitely recognize the music tone and pace and feel.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post

Like exactly opposite of George Strait

Comment

The look on there face after the first run was pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                    That chris stapleton song always reminded me of sam cook "change gonna come"
                    You should check out Shinyribs version of Change is Gonna Come.

Comment

That was good! Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
                        You should check out Shinyribs version of Change is Gonna Come.
                        Just did and definitely impressed. Nice cover

Comment

Originally posted by txsteele View Post
                          I heard that just the other day and I didn't know that but I'm more impressed with the two black hip hop dudes really enjoying a country (Chris Stapleton cover) song.
                          The song is very soulful and bluesy. Don't know anyone that doesn't "feel" that song.
                          Last edited by Kodiakk; 01-04-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Am I the only one who's driven nuts by all the "runs" and oversinging?

My wife loves that song...I think he screwed it up, but it's probably just because it was a George Jones tune.

Why is it so odd that two black hip hop critics can enjoy a country cover song though?

Snoop sung with Willy a long time ago, Johnny Cash made a record with a bunch of grunge rock guys, halfed assed fake country white boys from Georgia have been rapping for years now... Music cuts across a lot of lines these days.

Comment

agree, pretty refreshing

Comment

Working...
                              X