Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve done the tpost driver to the head also, dang it will ring your bell

Comment

Praying for a fast recovery and thanks for the heads up on being safe. We should never take our health for granted.

Comment

It's a very real concern. Prayerfully you will heal quickly and get to enjoy the lease. If you need help getting that blind up let us know. I'm sure there are many here willing to help if you need it.
        Rattlesnake bites are the same kind of concern and more so for my dogs than myself. It's a long way to town and you think about that sometimes when you are there alone and decide to try stuff by yourself you should wait for help on.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear. Glad you can still type..and recovery sounds long but fully...Prayers

Comment

Glad ur gonna be ok. Good reminder that things can go bad real quick, especially if your alone out there!
            Happened to me. Dislocated shoulder from ladder fall and passed out from pain. I woke up to my lab licking me in the face. Was scary and a wakeup call because I was alone at the time with very sketchy cell service.

Comment

Glad you're okay!

We were at the deer lease once and my wife was a passenger in a Ranger rollover accident. Drove to the hospital 2 hours away and her neck was broke in 3 places! It was 6 long months but she made a full recovery.

Comment

Roy,

I glad your up and posting. I know when you pulled into camp you were in pretty rough shape. I just hope the pain has subsided some.

Next time you have a project like that going on you need to come ask for more help!

It too dang easy to get hurt out there, and as you said, its a big place and hard to get to a hospital quickly!

Comment

There is a member on here that dropped a 16footer on his buddy and crushed his spine !
                  Southerncamo had to life flight the poor guy to BAMSY ( Brooke army medical center) in San Antonio where he spent a month or two , I think the guy is still partial paralysis? Deer lease work is very dangerous
                  A 1001 ways to die or maim your self, freinds and loved ones

I saw a guy back a ATV off a trailer, and tried to show off by doing a donut but forgot to shift it from reverse, and crushed his self with both the ATV and trailer
                  Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-30-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Now that it has happened, make a plan for future accidents. Always have a top notch first aid kit in camp. I mean the best money can buy. Prepare for anything, including chainsaw accidents. GPS coordinates should all ready be in the hands of emergency responders in you area so if someone calls all they need to do is give ranch name and they know where to go and where to meet you. Also need GPS for life flight to land at a predetermined spot on the ranch. All this info along with all emergency phone numbers, including sheriffs department, border patrol, fire department, EMS, and life flight, ect. should be on a laminated sheet and hanging in camp house. For those of you who have spotty cell service, try getting a cell signal booster, made a big difference on a place I hunted. Sorry you were hurt, Get Well Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer57 View Post
                      Three weeks ago I took a 10’ steel tower to the lease to prepare to set a box blind on it. While my wife was standing at the end of the trailer, I was standing in the bed pushing the tower out of the trailer.
                      But it went off the side and rolled, one of the steel angle iron braces hit me in the back launching me out of the trailer. I’m told I hit the ground face first and didn’t move.
                      When I got my senses back I turned over and had broken my arm above the wrist in 6 places and cracked my wrist.
                      I was in the middle of a 17,000 acre ranch and it took 1.5 hrs to get me to the first dirt county road and another 40 mins to town.
                      This has stopped me from being able to operate my business and from enjoying life in general. I will recover, I’m told with 5 months of therapy.
                      Everybody please be careful and don’t be alone at the lease.
                      Dam man sorry to hear that. I was at the lease alone for the last 4 days and I kept telling myself be careful be careful don't screw up don't get hurt. Luckily I did not. But you are right, don't go to the ranch alone to work. I built this alone down there and was worried about getting hurt the whole time.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Prayers sent your way for a quick recovery!

I'm not allowed to go to our lease by myself.

Comment

Prayers for a quick recovery and I'm glad you had someone at the lease with you.

I had someone with me two years ago when my gall bladder decided to quit working. The doctors said it was good thing to cuz it could have gotten really bad for me. If he hadn't been there I don't think, no I KNOW, I couldn't have driven the 247 miles back.

This is just another reason to have the helicopter ambulance services insurance.

Comment

Dang, hope you're back at it sooner than expected.

I don't mind being @ the lease by myself, in fact I really enjoy it @ times, but when you're unloading cattle panels from your trailer inside an old barn, and you hear something behind you and see a BIG 'ol ugly rattlesnake slide out from under some pallets and out under the corrugated iron 6' from you, it makes you think....

Comment

My scariest moment at the deer lease was incredibly stupid on my part. I was 19, and that spring we had just gotten on a lease out west of Ozona. 7000 acres of some of the most unforgiving land you’ve ever seen. It was the middle of August, about 110 degrees, and I was heading west on I-10 to Fort Davis for a family gathering. As I was heading through Ozona, I decided to stop by the lease to scout out a blind area. I get out to the lease and promptly headed to the farthest back part of the lease and my truck breaks down. It WOULD NOT START!! It was 110 degrees, I had no water, food, cellphone, and no one knew I was out there. I wasn’t sure I knew how to get back to camp.

So I sit under the biggest mesquite tree for shade and explore my options. I knew what direction camp was, but wasn’t certain I could find it. There were no landmarks, no tall trees to climb, I was scared and screwed. I thought I might know how to get get to a water trough that I had passed about halfway back, so I start walking, taking lots of breaks. A long three hours later, I finally stumble upon the water trough, along with about 100 cows, I drink until I can’t drink anymore. As I prepare myself for a long night, I hear a truck coming in the distance. One of the ranch cowboys was coming to check on the cows and throw out some feed. I told him what happened and he said I was lucky, cause he only comes back to this water trough every 3-4 days. All these years later I think of how lucky I was to survive, and how dumb I was to get myself into that situation.
                              Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 04-30-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Praying, glad it wasn't any worse!

Comment

Working...
                                X