7mm wsm dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7mm wsm dying?

Scanned Thur the new cabelas shooting catalog. It appears the 7mm wsm is about done except for handloaders. Found 1 factory load listed. The 270 wsm and 300 wsm had a combined 33 available loads. Didn’t notice 325 wsm.

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
    Scanned Thur the new cabelas shooting catalog. It appears the 7mm wsm is about done except for handloaders. Found 1 factory load listed. The 270 wsm and 300 wsm had a combined 33 available loads. Didn’t notice 325 wsm.

The WSM has been dying for a while now. The only one that ever really peaked my interest was the 270 WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see plenty of 270 and 300 everywhere. I’ve got a custom 300wsm that i will carry as long as I can hunt. Plenty of brass

Comment

It's been dying a slow death along with the 270. The 300 will likely be the only one to live on as a factory offering.

The wssm's and saum's are long dead.

Comment

I have never seen a 7 WSM up here but I have seen the 300&270 before.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            It's been dying a slow death along with the 270. The 300 will likely be the only one to live on as a factory offering.

The wssm's and saum's are long dead.
            WSSM's were dead a year after release. The 300 WSM isn't going anywhere. 7WSM never caught on like the 300 or 270. The SAUM's are probably more popular now than ever. 7 SAUM is prevalent in F Class while the 6.5 SAUM/6.5 GAP 4S has exploded and will soon be available by factory PRIME ammo.

Comment

I agree with the above, I was thinking more of boxed ammo sales at the store.

Handloaders and competition shooters are a different story.

Comment

after killing many animals with a .270, I never saw the interest in a .270 wsm. Those extra 200 fps may extend range a hair, but the win .270 can shoot further than most of us would dare.

300wsm makes more sense to me....the 7 wsm is dying for a reason...all of the various 7s have us covered

Comment

Working...
                X