22-250 or .308 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22-250 or .308 ???

I'm in the market for a new bolt gun, just because. I think I've got it narrowed down to these 2 calibers, yet I've never owned either.

I know they can be on separate spectrums, so can I get positives and negatives on both ?

Primary uses will be for whitetails, hogs, varmints and just paper shooting ; Nothing long range. Thx

I'd say buy both.

Comment

308 with pigs involved. Also good at turning varmints into fertalizer

Comment

I have both and love both calibers. Man, that's a tough one.

Comment

Either will get the job done

My cousin has both, we shot deer and hogs with both of them and bother of them did the job just fine

That being said he sold the 308 and kept the 22-250

Comment

First question is what other calipers do you already have? If you have a deer caliber then go with 22/250 of you don't then go .308.

Comment

Split it in half and get a .243

Comment

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
                I'd say buy both.
                One step at a time

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                First question is what other calipers do you already have? If you have a deer caliber then go with 22/250 of you don't then go .308.
                30-06, .303 British , 250 savage, 243 and 223.

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                Split it in half and get a .243

Got one of those.... I have similar calibers to both, just wanting something new

Comment

With that line up, I would personally steer toward the 22-250. Already got a big boomstick, so to me, the 250 is more fun to shoot.

Comment

22-250 all day long. Mine has taken down pigs over 200# with lung shots. It's all about the type of ammo you use with small caliber rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                      One step at a time

Got one of those.... I have similar calibers to both, just wanting something new

Next question is is the 223 an AR or bolt action?

Comment

you have a 30-06, id say buy the 22-250 and sell the 223 unless its a semi auto or you just love it/family hand me down etc.

nothing a 308 will do that a 30/06 wont in my opinion but that little 22-250 is of fast little fun gun to shoot and i like it more than the 223 but theyre both in the same category size wise as well

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          Next question is is the 223 an AR or bolt action?

Both. I have a Colt AR and a Rossi which is a cheapo gun for the kids to bang around.

I want a nice built rifle with a wooden stock now for my next deal

Comment

Based on the line-up you've already got I'd go with a .270.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                              Both. I have a Colt AR and a Rossi which is a cheapo gun for the kids to bang around.

I want a nice built rifle with a wooden stock now for my next deal

22/250 for sure then. You ever though about an AR 10?

Comment

Working...
                              X