Visions 14 lights out extreme trail cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visions 14 lights out extreme trail cam

Ok picked up my first trail cam . And I’m seeing I will need to lock it up and place it high for public land so it don’t get stolen. But my question as far as set up is. How many seconds apart for the pics taken do y’all use. I have it set for every 30 seconds. And I just set it up in the house to test t out and I realized I took a whole lot of photos. Is every 30 seconds to close together or is every minute more reasonable? How do y’all have halls set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m playing w mine as well, I did video the last round and did not like it. Currently set on 10 seconds. Will let u know when I check on Sunday.

Comment

Yes sir let me know. Are you gonna lock yours up?

Comment

If it's not being set up over bait, I run mine taking a picture every 30 seconds with 3 picture bursts. You have to make sure though that the camera doesn't take false pictures from wind blowing because if it does you will fill the card up fast with nothing but the grass/bushes blowing around. Over bait mine are all set to take 1 pic every 5 minutes in the off season and then 1 pic every 3 minutes during deer season. Taking 1 pic every 5 minutes and I still will get about 300 pics a week per camera due to how heavily I feed and all the pigs at my places. If I only had a couple of camera's I might set them at 1 minute on feeders but I have 19 feeders with camera's and 8 camera's on trails and it would take me forever to go through that many pics, heck it takes me a couple hours to go through them at 5 minutes a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
          If it's not being set up over bait, I run mine taking a picture every 30 seconds with 3 picture bursts. You have to make sure though that the camera doesn't take false pictures from wind blowing because if it does you will fill the card up fast with nothing but the grass/bushes blowing around. Over bait mine are all set to take 1 pic every 5 minutes in the off season and then 1 pic every 3 minutes during deer season. Taking 1 pic every 5 minutes and I still will get about 300 pics a week per camera due to how heavily I feed and all the pigs at my places. If I only had a couple of camera's I might set them at 1 minute on feeders but I have 19 feeders with camera's and 8 camera's on trails and it would take me forever to go through that many pics, heck it takes me a couple hours to go through them at 5 minutes a pic.

I see . Thanks for the helpful info

Comment

Originally posted by Cody2306 View Post
            I see . Thanks for the helpful info

I have my Browning set on 1 pic 5sec. There are lots deer running in area and i want to see as much as I can. If set longer run risk of not getting or just half of deer as they move out frame shotClick image for larger version

Name:	11pt buck Troy jpeg_0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	24521557

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
              I have my Browning set on 1 pic 5sec. There are lots deer running in area and i want to see as much as I can. If set longer run risk of not getting or just half of deer as they move out frame shot[ATTACH]885091[/ATTACH]

I see . I didn’t think about it like that

Comment

Just checked mine over the weekend, I would set it as fast as you can. I have several pics with the animals half way thru the camera frame.

Comment

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post
                  Just checked mine over the weekend, I would set it as fast as you can. I have several pics with the animals half way thru the camera frame.

Thanks bud... I will do so

Comment

If you have any small limbs near the camera, I would trim them back to minimize false pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
                      I have my Browning set on 1 pic 5sec. There are lots deer running in area and i want to see as much as I can. If set longer run risk of not getting or just half of deer as they move out frame shot[ATTACH]885091[/ATTACH]

Nice buck.

Comment

Working...
                      X