Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
    Is that a 4ft. fence?
    Five feet, same as the gate. I have a video, but don't have a clue how to post it. Here's a screenshot though.

Well, it won't load.
    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 10-12-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Again...
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a freaking hippopotamus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Ha...... does look like one

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Looks like a warthog to me , but it's just a small sow with some footballs running around with her. I wish I knew how to post the video !

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              They are totally nocturnal at my farm now, I have hunted them hard enough that they know daylight is danger. I just planted my winter plots and the hogs were already in them the same night. We caught 10 in a round trap, but after that the hogs would not go near it.
              My problem is the Nutgrass and trying to control it, Gly slows it down but it comes back and so do the hogs. If I could string up electric fence about twelve inches high and run 480v thru it.....boy you can smell the pork chops cooking now.
              Radar, you changed your avatar pic and your post slipped by me. I thought about e-fencing a few of my smaller plots just for hogs. One wire about hog high might keep them out and not cost too much. I think I'll try that next year.

Comment

Try this
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, how many have you catched. I hope it was a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Radar, you changed your avatar pic and your post slipped by me. I thought about e-fencing a few of my smaller plots just for hogs. One wire about hog high might keep them out and not cost too much. I think I'll try that next year.
                    Yes sir, aint been postin here much. TBH gets boring for me at times, but its about the best site out there. Went on a bear hunt in New Mexico, kilt a nice one.
                    Electric fence will keep them out. Its alot of maintenance though. Need a ground strand and a hot strand in my area plus 4 grounding rods. Once the soil dries out, the fence wont be hot enough. So thats the reason for a ground strand. Need to keep gly sprayed on the dang fence all the time or weed will short it.

Comment

Well, how many have you catched. I hope it was a bunch.
                      I'm just feeding them now, haven't set my trigger yet. I'm down at Groveton hunting for a couple days. We are really ate up with them here. I trained three of them this morning to stay out of my food plots. I think they learned well !

Comment

wow, lots of pork

Comment

Yes sir, aint been postin here much. TBH gets boring for me at times, but its about the best site out there. Went on a bear hunt in New Mexico, kilt a nice one.
                          Electric fence will keep them out. Its alot of maintenance though. Need a ground strand and a hot strand in my area plus 4 grounding rods. Once the soil dries out, the fence wont be hot enough. So thats the reason for a ground strand. Need to keep gly sprayed on the dang fence all the time or weed will short it.
                          We need the story and some good pics of the bear hunt, or did I miss that too ?

Comment

We need the story and some good pics of the bear hunt, or did I miss that too ?
                            I will do a story on my bear hunt. I have always been a little apprehensive about talking about my hunts on here, seems like some folks like to poke holes in the story and try to make it look bad.

Comment

I will do a story on my bear hunt. I have always been a little apprehensive about talking about my hunts on here, seems like some folks like to poke holes in the story and try to make it look bad.
                              Yeah, unfortunately that’s a byproduct of the internet. You get the whole range of folks on it from genius to idiot. The Internet forum is the place some people come to be what they ain’t.

If you don’t want to put it out there, I don’t blame you. I’ll pm you my email because I would like to hear the story and see some pictures.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately that’s a byproduct of the internet. You get the whole range of folks on it from genius to idiot. The Internet forum is the place some people come to be what they ain’t.

If you don’t want to put it out there, I don’t blame you. I’ll pm you my email because I would like to hear the story and see some pictures.

Here ya go Drycreek.

Comment

Working...
                                X