Price of 10K gold jewelry per gram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom View Post
    pure gold is 24k. 10k gold would be 10/24 pure so do the math as far as the gold. this chain is .35 pounds so it must be a REALLY big and thick one like Mr. T style. None the less it is a "gold value" of $500-600 easily which is all you will get trying to sell but it probably costs $1000-1500 new. Retail is what someone will pay for it and wholesale is what the math says it is worth. For you to decide.
    Thanks! This is what I needed. Can you show me how you arrived at the $500-600 estimate?

Comment

Picture of chain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rickgarcia76 View Post

Thanks! This is what I needed. Can you show me how you arrived at the $500-600 estimate?
        sure thing. Today Gold is worth $48.64 gram but this is for 24k. 10K gold is .416 of a gram of gold so it is worth $20.26 per gram ($48.64 x .41666) and $20.26 x 156 grams is = to me having too much bourbon....I think the actual gold is worth $3,160.....sorry for my math error .....it is not a cheap necklace based upon the math.....plugged in the wrong weight of the necklace on first try.

Comment

I was curious how you got that number-I am closer to your second number.

Rick just multiple the number of grams by the price per gram for 10k I posted earlier and that will give you a general idea of just the scrap value but at least that is a place to start
          Last edited by perow; 12-27-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            yeah....I swung and missed at that one

Comment

Would like to see a pic of this chain, it’s a monster

Comment

Pic

Chain
                Attached Files

Comment

Go here makes it easy... other formula is correct.

Comment

Post it in the classifieds as a Mr. T starter kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Perow went through it and showed you how to find the value. Tom did the same but quoted you way low on spot value.

Edit... I see he corrected that.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Dude, your going to need a bigger boat to wear that chain on. Wow, get that thing cleaned up and wear it proud.

Comment

Working...
                          X