Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is an integrated laser any use on CCW?

Morning folks,

I'm an old fashion sort but thinking of buying a new gun. I'm also getting older and have lost a lot of my close up vision. I see these integrated lasers but wonder if they're worth the money. Seems like they'd be more for fun at the range (or at night with armadillos) than in any actual use. The one I'm looking at has to be turned on to use it. although that switch is handy, it seems like that second lost might very well be an important one in a time of need.

I do understand it doesn't have to be turned on. Just wondering if they're worth the trouble.

thanks

I have one on my carry weapon. It's super convenient and when I shoot I practice turning it on quickly, but I know I won't waste a second to turn it on if I should ever have to use it to stop a bad guy. I agree with you, they are mostly for fun at the range. Mine isn't particularly accurate either. It's usually within about 2" of where the bullet hits out to 15 yards.

Comment

Nope.
      I won't and wouldn't recommend adding any extra steps into a process you may have to go through quickly and under duress.
      It wasn't all that much fun at the range to me.
      I also didn't like the way it affected my grip (Crimson Trace on a 1911).

Comment

At night in the dark it could make the difference. A weapon light to identify the target might be better or tritium sights but you definitely need some way to accurately identify and engage in the dark. Just my opinion.

Comment

There wont be time to worry about it....

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X