Crossbow limbs modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow limbs modified

I am new to a crossbow and bought a nice 10 Point Titan Extreme. It was factory 180 lb and the original owner had 10 Point modify it to 95lbs. It is super easy to cock and clocked at 230 fps. I feel it is adequate to hunt but have the original limbs and a tech who will return it to 180lb limbs for $35.
    I was told the cables and string is the same and mine or near new.
    I am not near as strong as a few years ago and one reason I am not using a compound anymore. I feel I can cock it with the rope device even doubled in power. I do not want a crank on it. Any thought or comments?
    I want the faster 350 fps expected and the additional reach on a shot if needed but do not feel I really need it for a practical shot.

crossbow mod

I am certainly a no pro but I like the idea of bringing the bow back to its original configuration. I like to use mechanical broadheads and the extra speed insures proper function....Imho Have fun.

Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by rzrbak View Post
      I am certainly a no pro but I like the idea of bringing the bow back to its original configuration. I like to use mechanical broadheads and the extra speed insures proper function....Imho Have fun.

Bobby
      Thanks. I thought about it and heading to the shop in a few. Resale if I ever did will be easier and offer the light set up as extra parts. Obvious it is great for faster reload and physical situations needing easier. I was told in Europe it is popular for 3D shoots as well as here in US. I never tried a 3 D shoot so learning. Might be good for a youth as well but it weighs over 7 lbs and front heavy so still not a great fit fro a kid. It certainly shoots nice as is but look out. Back to power vs ease.

Comment

and I use triple replaceable blade broadheads. Have some mechanicals but yet to use em. Mechanicals have improved since I stopped bow hunting years ago and got back in to it recently.

Comment

Double D in Georgetown restored it to original. Need a good bow tech see Mr. Paul and tell him Randy sent you with the Ten Point Limb retrofit. He is a very nice person and deserves some compliment.
          The bow cocks almost easy with double in power. Shoots flat 10 and 20 yards where at half power there was about 2 " drop. Ruined a bolts fletching due to the extra target penetration in a high quality target. Very happy.

Comment

Working...
          X