I......am so tired I cannot nap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I......am so tired I cannot nap

I was activated on Thursday for Harvey. Im a LEO in downtown Houston. Worked thru the actual landfall and clocked 25.17 hours. Was relieved by one of my best friends for his turn. Went home and had to deal with 2 out of my 3 horse pastures completely flooded. Feeding and rescuing stranded horses all day Saturday then activated again sunday morning. Waited til i could safely get back in and so far im at 32 hours and counting. My partner never even got a break so hes at something like 50 hours. We got the chance for a nap and now I can't sleep. We got 4 feet of water in our pd Lol. Its been.......interesting. Cant wait for season opener!! The two of us will surely get a butt load of overtime!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dang! Hang in there!

Everything you do is appreciated, not just by those you are directly helping, but also by the entire nation.

Comment

Thank you for all you do . .

Comment

Thank you for all the hard work. There are literally thousands that are in your debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
          Thank you for all you do . .
          X2

Comment

No thanks guys. I chose this job. Ive been through floods and freezes here in Houston. And in the hill country actually. But usually i get a little more sleep so im not so delirious. I think im at that point and it's a weird feeling.

Comment

Stay safe! Just put your phone down and close those eyes. Even if you don't sleep it will help.

Comment

Heres a picture of the stop light under the katy freeway and our salleyport. Crazy.

Comment

It's anxiety/stress from wanting to keep going & likely some sort of weird rest/nap guilt...I kinda feel the same way like I need to be heading north to help but can't.

Your body & the other people need you at your best & you will do your best if you can catch some Z's, so do it girl!!

This isn't going anywhere soon...you need to get in a rhythm to shut it off & get rest.

You are appreciated!! Please log off & try to relax.

Comment

Thanks for what your doing bud!

Comment

Thank you sir. Y'all hang in there

Comment

Hang in there brother and Thank You and all the responders for what you're doing

Comment

Good lordy! Hang tough, brother.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Thanks.....It ain't much to offer.....
                              But it's, all I got....

Comment

Working...
                              X